Changing presets

Kingfishcam

Inspired
I did not see this in the manual. If there a fast way to go from preset #2 up to say #302 without spinning the selector for a half hour, or pushing a button 300 times?

Could you also assign (copy and paste) your favorite presets in unassigned slots next to each other and just press a specific footswitch to go up or down the list?

Could you also assign (copy and paste) your favorite presets in unassigned slots next to each other and just press a specific footswitch to go up or down the list?
I wondered the same thing. It looks to me like a preset will have to be saved to a different location, then imported to a different preset location.

This problem exists with all devices like this. The difference is that the foot controller features of the FM3 and FCs have some capabilities to make this less painful. Here's a couple things you can do (you can put this functionality on the UTILITIES layout since there's some unused views):
  • Create a view with Bank jumps. Divide and conquer, you have 512 presets and 3 switches:
    • If you have external switches to increment views and bring up the MLM, then you can use hold functions so then you have 6 choices:
      • SW1 Press is Bank Select 0, Hold is Bank Select 85
      • SW2 Press is Bank Select 170, Hold is Bank Select 255
      • SW3 Press is Bank Select 340, Hold is Bank Select 425
    • If you do not have external switches, use the Hold functions to navigate::
      • SW1 Press is Bank Select 0, Hold is View Inc -1
      • SW2 Press is Bank Select 170, Hold is Layout Select MLM
      • SW3 Press is Bank Select 340, Hold is View Inc + 1
  • Create a view with larger Bank increments - off the top of my head I think the limit is +/- 10. SW1 is Bank Inc -10, SW2 is Bank Inc +10
    • If you have external switches to increment views and bring up the MLM, then you can use hold functions to jump to specific banks:
      • SW1 Press is Bank Inc -10, Hold is Bank Select 0
      • SW2 Press is Bank Inc +10, Hold is Bank Select 170
      • SW3 Press is Layout Select PRESETS, Hold is Bank Select 340
    • Again, if you do not have external switches, use the Hold functions to navigate:
      • SW1 Press is Bank Inc -10, Hold is View Inc -1
      • SW2 Press is Bank Inc +10, Hold is Layout Select MLM
      • SW3 Press is Layout Select PRESETS, Hold is View Inc +1

We expect to eventually add "typematic" action for Inc/Dec functions, as it existed on the MFC-101, AX8, and FX8. This will allow you to press and hold a footswitch and have it step steadily through presets/banks/etc. instead of making you tap the switch umpteen times. At the moment however the unit needs a little time to settle in.

What I do (previously with AX8 and now with Axe III) is to use a little midi over Bluetooth device from Quiccosound. That allows me to use setlist maker on my iPad, so when I select a new song on the iPad, the iPad sends a Bluetooth signal to the midi device selecting the correct preset on the unit.

Back
Top Bottom