Changing Presets on the AxeII

backline

I am running Axe-Edit mainly to view the signal chain and changing presets on the AxeII. Every time I change a preset, Axe-Edit foreces AxeII to pull up an edit screen for one of the blocks (effects, amps etc). So I need to press "Recall" on the AxeII before I change presets. Makes it impossible to quickly scroll up and down through presets using the AxeII while Axe-Edit is running. Any way around this? I know I could change presets using Axe-Edit, but I like rotating the large knob on the AxeII instead.

The current rule of thumb is: if you're running Axe-Edit, edit and use your unit through Axe-Edit. It takes over with polling to stay in sync with the Axe-Fx and that can make working from the hardware interface frustrating.

It would be nice if you could turn that feature off. You then could combine the best of the software interface with the use of real knobs and switches.

But I shouldn't complain too much with such a great product and excellent free software.

I think the vast majority, including myself, don't even look at the screen of their axe when they have axe edit pulled up.

The flip side of it is that if the two screens displayed different things, it would become confusing to users whether or not they were syncing properly.

that's because the Axe is constantly reading from the unit, it doesn't store the info on the computer....this was done purposely to keep from having problems that were common in the older version. if you have Axe edit in front of you, why would you want to look at the tiny Axe screen?

I don't want to look at the tiny axe screen when I am running Axe-Edit. I instead want to look at the computer screen. But I would like to scroll through presets using the main AxeII knob without having to press Recall between every every preset.

I don't really see the advantage of Axe-Edit forcing the hardware to display certain screens if everyone is using Axe-Edit to make changes. Maybe this could be made an option.

Last edited:
i find it faster to use Axe edit to change between patches....but that's just me. open the drop down and and just click the preset...no scrolling or anything...

I don't want to look at the tiny axe screen when I am running Axe-Edit. I instead want to look at the computer screen. But I would like to scroll through presets using the main AxeII knob without having to press Recall between every every preset.

I don't really see the advantage of Axe-Edit forcing the hardware to display certain screens if everyone is using Axe-Edit to make changes. Maybe this could be made an option.

Won't be done. By design you need to use AE when AE is connected.

Just a matter of pressing P to bring up the Preset Picker.

Back
Top Bottom