Changes to 1959SLP and Plexi 100W 1970?

Random Hero

Inspired
Is it just to do with this? - “Fixed wrong default tone stack in 1959SLP and Plexi 100W 1970 models.”

They sound much more wirey than before - and I love it. I love the Plexis in this thing but with this update… jeez.

Anybody else notice they’re wildly different?

Changing the tone stack will have a noticeable impact on how the amp sounds. I believe that you can still switch to the previous default tone stack for those who preferred the old sound.

One of the tricks I learned a long time ago was to swap out the tone stack in an amp to give it a different flavor. It can help revoice your amp to fit better in a mix. Use a looper block with a riff or chord progression and swap out the tone stack till you get what pleases you.

These changes haven't been applied to the FM3 yet, right? Which tonestack do I need to choose to get the correct one in those models?

My favorite amps actually, I immediately made a double amp preset with them and man what a glorious wall of sound!

Again guys, thank you so much, awesome!
Last three day in the hospital but mother and child are well, we couldn't be happier!
But now im sick, I do have some fever and ear pressure.

Here is my preset, please try!
I do use a chorus to thicken up the tone.
Scene one are both amps stock and scene 2-4 are different stages of mods.
Have Fun!

Thanks and alle the best for you guys
Sash

Attachments

• 100W JOSE Double Impact.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 43
Here is another one. I had massive fun with it the last couple days!
I tried to replicate a Jose modded 100Watt, so have fun.
If you like to thicken up the sound, activate the subtile chorus and enhancer.

Another one that I could play all night long: The Supremo Trem, with the Vibrato Lux 1x12. Man, what a magical combination that is....

Stack a couple drives in front, set to match the dry guitar volume decently, and you have a wonderful palette of tones.

PRESET LINK WITH SUPREMO TREM AND VIBRATO LUX 1x12
As usual, one pedal (FC1-P2) gets you through the basic stuff - Clean Dry ->blend-> Clean Chorus ->blend-> Clean Rotary, with Dirty (by classic rock standards) Lead at toe-down. There are momentary and latching switches for various fun stuff like momentary panning flange and delay runaway and latching "Led Dly" that sets up the delay on the lead or lets you give it to them dry. I even have duplicates of the latching Input Boost on/off, Griddle Cake on/off, and Klone on/off set up as momentary, which is useful in situations where you want to punch a single phrase or fill a bit. Comes in at 78% on standard non-Turbo FM9.... :)

Anyhoo, try not to get stuck playing that one all night.... :D

Again guys, thank you so much, awesome!
Last three day in the hospital but mother and child are well, we couldn't be happier!
But now im sick, I do have some fever and ear pressure.

Here is my preset, please try!
I do use a chorus to thicken up the tone.
Scene one are both amps stock and scene 2-4 are different stages of mods.
Have Fun!

Thanks and alle the best for you guys
Sash

I finally got around to trying all three of these, since my main guitar is being replaced and I had to wire up my other one. Loving these presets! Thank you Sash and Joe.

Sash, your 2nd one sat just right with my guitar, completely awesome. I loved the reverb on this; it felt huge (that's what she said), but in service of the basic tone, not smothering it.

Joe, oh my God, what a construction. I feel like you could spend hours with this playing with all the nuances; you are totally right. I took a look at your controllers and started to have a stroke. I saw that you had per preset footswitch and started to fall down that rabbit hole. I think you oughtta rename this one The Time Trap. This one was just fun as hell.

Joe, oh my God, what a construction. I feel like you could spend hours with this playing with all the nuances; you are totally right.

The amp model just responds so satisfyingly to playing dynamics. The extras on the pedals and buttons are just the icing on the cake. IIRC, the Supremo Trem is the little Supro used frequently by Jimmy Page, innit?

I took a look at your controllers and started to have a stroke. I saw that you had per preset footswitch and started to fall down that rabbit hole. I think you oughtta rename this one The Time Trap. This one was just fun as hell.

It is one of my gazillion amp demo presets. Some are single amp, some dual amp. I have the whole collection in each. Usually the amp demos are where I start when just noodling around, as the amps all sound inspiring and the usual suspects are all there. I cut these down a bit to just what a song needs when making a song preset.

I could probably reduce the demo preset count from 250-ish to quite a lot less if it were possible to copy a chunk of blocks at a time in -Edit and also possible to copy the per preset override switches and modifiers more than one at a time (or if there was a library of them like blocks), as I could have amp demo presets be bare amp and cab with the usual pedals in front (drive/wah) and have the effects variations as other presets. Instead i have my fave FX config attached to the amp demos (single and dual) and a fave amp or amp pairing on the FX template presets. I have about 40-45 favorite amps, so multiply that by a preset each alone and a preset each with a lead amp (usually Bludojai or IIC+), and suddenly a hundred peeset slots filled. Then there's probably 20-25 DX templates, each with at least 24, if not nearly 32 modifiers. Any dice-based gamer can do the math. 45×25×30 is a lot of things to roll an update through. The shift right-click thing helps, but would be evem more helpful if it were expanded to include more bulk ops. I have spent most of my free time since 6.0 came out for FM9 rolling fixes through for the LFO update, as it works differently enough that my abuse of the LFO to generate 3-way switch logic stopped working, and required new modifier settings on Duty Cycle, Output B Phase, and the Rotary speed control...

Back
Top Bottom