Change stereo effects loop to 2 mono loops

Hey Y'all,

Is there a way route the input 2 and output 2 to become to independent loops? I'm playing around in FM3 Edit and haven't found a way as of yet.

Best,
Jonas

Route two rows to Out 2 block, balance them L/R in Out 2 block settings. Branch from In 2 block to two vol/pan blocks with "input select" parameters set left & right.

By placing the In 2 block at the start of a row (left edge of grid) the two mono loops created this way can be used in series at different points in the signal path.

Bypassing the loops individually requires some extra routing work since you need to mute a loop path and enable signal flow around it on the grid somehow.

No, there would be no signal at Out 2 and other potential issues like a feedback loop with that routing.

RIlYOrK.png

Route two rows to Out 2 block, balance them L/R in Out 2 block settings. Branch from In 2 block to two vol/pan blocks with "input select" parameters set left & right.

By placing the In 2 block at the start of a row (left edge of grid) the two mono loops created this way can be used in series at different points in the signal path.

Bypassing the loops individually requires some extra routing work since you need to mute a loop path and enable signal flow around it on the grid somehow.
Does FM3 have the feedback send/return blocks?

Ah you're a genius! i had to add a mixer block because things went into a feedback loop but it worked gloriously!

1605374424075.png

There should be a slightly simpler way to do left only and right only loops do do series or parallel dual mono loops. But this will work for now

There's no reason this shouldn't work if done correctly. Did you adjust Vol/pan input select parameters and verify Output 2 Mode & Input 2 Mode are both "stereo" at I/O: Audio?

Also if you deleted the mixer block, make sure you maintain two rows to the Out 2 block, instead of just shunting the mixer in your last screenshot.

Yeah my I/O for output 2 was configured wrong, it works good now i just have to tinker with the levels a bit. Doing this I also figured out how to make one parallel and the other serial. the possibilities of this thing is endless

Back
Top Bottom