Change Preamp current voltage ?

is it possible to change the voltage of the current in the preamp section?
if it can be done, if I wanted to set the voltage to 300v how should I do?

There’s the Variac in the amp block. I can’t remember exactly what menu it’s on in the amp block, but it’s in there.

I thought that changing the voltage of the preamp tube would just move the operating point without substantial changes in tone, even though different points may have different non-linearities. But this thread at diyaudio.com has interesting findings:
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/ins...eamp-choosing-supply-voltage.html#post5494280

As Luke has indicated, since we are working with a virtual circuit, adjusting preamp hardness and bias may have the same effect (and even further nuances) as changing B+

Last edited:
I thought that changing the voltage of the preamp tube would just move the operating point without substantial changes in tone, even though different points may have different non-linearities. But this thread at diyaudio.com has interesting findings:
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/ins...eamp-choosing-supply-voltage.html#post5494280

As Luke has indicated, since we are working with a virtual circuit, adjusting preamp hardness and bias may have the same effect (and even further nuances) as changing B+
Thanks guys ! Piing, can you help me find the right settings to simulate a 300v preamp? ( pre Hardness - Bias )

If you are still after the Gilmour's Alembic F-2B, I've built an Alembic clone myself, with 300V power supply at the ECC83, and I could get a perfect replica at the Axe-FX without touching any advanced parameters. We already had a conversation about that a while ago

Last edited:
If you are still after the Gilmour's Alembic F-2B, I've built an Alembic clone myself, with 300V power supply at the ECC83, and I could get a perfect replica at the Axe-FX without touching any advanced parameters. We already had a conversation about that a while ago
How?

Back
Top Bottom