Implemented Change all/multiple Blocks in a Scene to the same Channel at once

John M

Inspired
An example:
I would like to be able to change all the Blocks in a Scene from Channel A to Channel D all at once.
And/or able to select multiple blocks and change from Channel A to D all at once.

Right now I have change each block from Channel A to Channel D individually.

Scenes can already work like that.

Set everything to Channel D, save it as a given Scene, recall that scene and everything will be on Channel D, so on and so forth.

This type of behavior is exactly what scenes were created for

Scenes can already work like that.

Set everything to Channel D, save it as a given Scene, recall that scene and everything will be on Channel D, so on and so forth.

This type of behavior is exactly what scenes were created for

Yes, I know that. But how do you set all the blocks in a Scene to Channel D at once?

Last edited:
Yes, I know that. But how do you set all the blocks in a Scene to Channel D at once?

You can’t, you go in and set each channel and then save them for that scene.

That way you can have some on D, some on B etc for one scene, then you hit your next scene, and maybe you set that up for everything to change to D.

Scenes allow quick and easy recall of any and all settings, but you still have to go and setup what you one.

It’s just like how you have to go in and select what settings, amp model, etc makes up each channel.

Yes, but I would like the option to set all the blocks in a Scene to Channel D at once, not have to set each block individually.

I often set Scene 1 so all/most are Channel A, Scene 2 to B, Scene 3 to C and Scene 4 to D. So it would be very handy to be able to set all the Blocks in a Scene to a particular Channel with one action.

Yes, but I would like the option to set all the blocks in a Scene to Channel D at once, not have to set each block individually.

I often set Scene 1 so all/most are Channel A, Scene 2 to B, Scene 3 to C and Scene 4 to D. So it would be very handy to be able to set all the Blocks in a Scene to a particular Channel with one action.

When your going through and selecting the settings for each channel, just save that as a scene. Then it’s done.

Given you still have to go and initially select the drive type etc for a channel as is, I’m not really seeing the big advantage for setting any and all channels to D, or B etc

My guess is that this wouldn't be a feature that will be used by many. It's very specific.

When your going through and selecting the settings for each channel, just save that as a scene. Then it’s done.
Given you still have to go and initially select the drive type etc for a channel as is, I’m not really seeing the big advantage for setting any and all channels to D, or B etc

So I start with Scene 1. The Channels are A by default and I set up my individual Blocks. Now I copy Scene 1 to Scene 2. All the blocks in Scene 2 are the same as Scene 1 and still set to channel A. In Scene 2 I would like to copy Channel A to Channel B for all/most of the Blocks at once so the Blocks in Scene 2 are on Channel B. But I currently have to do that one Block at a time. Then I would like to change all/most of the Blocks in Scene 2 to use Channel B. I also have to do that one Block at a time.

My guess is that this wouldn't be a feature that will be used by many. It's very specific.

It could be that few people have an interest for this option. The way I am using 4 Scenes with each its own Channel is like having 4 Presets (almost) in one Preset.

Last edited:
As yek says, I don't think very many (if any) other users would use this feature.

I've never heard of anyone approaching scene usage in this way.

Just curious, what are you trying to achieve with this method of using scenes, 8 completely different "rigs" in 1 preset?

Just curious, what are you trying to achieve with this method of using scenes, 8 completely different "rigs" in 1 preset?

It is sort of having 4 "rigs" in a Preset.

I find I get a sound I like with Scene 1 and want to keep it that way. So I copy Scene 1 to 2 so I can make further adjustments or changes without affecting Scene 1. But if I make changes to the settings for Blocks in scene 2 it changes the Blocks in Scene 1. So for each Block in Scene 2 I wind up copying Channel A to Channel B and changing it to use Channel B and then tweaking settings. Same for Scene 3(C) and 4(D). My only other option seems to be copying my current Preset/Scene 1 to another Preset and adjust/change that.

Last edited:
It is sort of having 4 "rigs" in a Preset.

I find I get a sound I like with Scene 1 and want to keep it that way. So I copy Scene 1 to 2 so I can make further adjustments or changes without affecting Scene 1. But if I make changes to the settings for Blocks in scene 2 it changes the Blocks in Scene 1. So for each Block in Scene 2 I wind up copying Channel A to Channel B and changing it to use Channel B. Same for C and D. My only other option seems to be copying my current Preset/Scene 1 to another Preset and adjust/change that.
Makes sense.

I use the preset method because I use scenes for variations on a theme as opposed to multiple rigs in a preset.

You need to adjust each new Channel, so you’re right there to change channels in each block anyway. That’s probably why it hasn’t been implemented or desired in the past.

You need to adjust each new Channel, so you’re right there to change channels in each block anyway. That’s probably why it hasn’t been implemented or desired in the past.

Yes but in order to do a quick tweak of parameters for a Block in Scene 2 that I copied from Scene 1 I have to copy Channel A to B and then set the Block to Channel B. It is a two-step process for every block before I can change its parameters. I was trying to streamline it with the option of selecting all or multiple blocks at once.

I was surprised there wasn't an option in Channels to copy All Blocks to another Channel. And the option to set all Blocks to Channel x.
Apparently not many others are frustrated by this. On the other hand, without those functions not many would try this workflow. I have pretty much given up and just copy my Preset/Scene 1 to an empty Preset.

Thanks for the discussion.

Last edited:
Yes but in order to do a quick tweak of parameters for a Block in Scene 2 that I copied from Scene 1 I have to copy Channel A to B and then set the Block to Channel B. It is a two-step process for every block before I can change its parameters. I was trying to streamline it with the option of selecting all or multiple blocks at once.

I was surprised there wasn't an option in Channels to copy All Blocks to another Channel. Or the option to set all Blocks to Channel x.
Apparently not many others are frustrated by this. On the other hand, without those functions not many would try this workflow. I have pretty much given up and just copy my Preset/Scene 1 to an empty Preset.

Honestly I think it's because there is no "natural" link between the channels of each block. Not that you can't do it, but it isn't really the intent to have all blocks on channel X.

Honestly I think it's because there is no "natural" link between the channels of each block. Not that you can't do it, but it isn't really the intent to have all blocks on channel X.

Yeah, I just thought it seemed like another way to efficiently use the power of Scenes and Channels instead of just copying Preset/Scene 1 to another preset before modifying it. Plus it would keep the advantages of Scenes within a Preset.

Keep in mind not all the blocks can use 4 channels. What happens if you switch them all to “d” , assuming that option existed, and a block like the mega tap delay doesn’t have a channel D ?

I was surprised there wasn't an option in Channels to copy All Blocks to another Channel. And the option to set all Blocks to Channel x.

i think it's because majority aren't copying Channel A to B just for slight changes. most use Channels for completely different things, and only occasionally have only slight changes between otherwise identical Channels. since Channels are usually completely different, they don't have to Copy A to B. they just choose B and set it.

you aren't doing anything too "out there" but at the same time, i don't think many are using it how you are. for now, you are doing the best method.

Getting back into the FX III. Great to see this was implemented. Really helps my apparently unusual work flow. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom