CHALLENGE!-AXE-FX TONE & ORANGE AMP TONE SIMULTANEOUSLY

Ok, i know the many options for running the axe-fx with real amps, at least I think I do. Here's what I want to do. Run my AXE-FX to FOH w/amp and cab sims, while running my Orange OR100 & 4X12 (like normal, no bypassing pre-amp etc.) on stage but use some axe-fx Effects blocks (i assume on a separate chain w/fx loop block) in the FX loop of the Orange. Is this even possible? Has to be a way...

I can do it w/my Orange Dry, no FX. But when I try adding anything into the FX loop of the Orange it bypasses the amps pre-amp section...not what i want.

Any help & advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Figured it out and it works amazingly! Just sounds HUGE. Full on Analog Orange rig as a backline and AXE-FX tones to FOH.

I used the 4CM but instead of AXE-OUT2 to Input of the Orange I ran guitar into an analog pedal w/dual outputs (in this case its the TC Electronic MIMIQ). I was able to go from guitar to the front of the AXE-FX input AND to the front of the Orange. This freed up Output 2 to go DI to FOH.

Bc of 4CM, output 1 is now my orange signal so the OUT1 vol. gain needs to be the unity GAIN, so cranked all the way up. Out 2 vol. knob controls DI to FOH. Axe-fx chain is as normal but w/FXL block in series. Anything before FXL block is my FOH signal chain and anything after is FX for my orange FX loop. Only con is that you can't run FX in front of the orange from the axe-fx, but i don't anyways bc i use analog drive and compressor pedals in front of everything. All outputs are STEREO and INPUTS set to LEFT ONLY. Amp block(s) set to LEFT Input, STEREO or MONO CAB.

This is a game changer for me. The axe-fx Can do anything!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom