Wish CC Boost Added To Drive Block

Maybe I'm asleep, or ought to be (which is true), but isn't this circular? The input boosts are EQ-only versions of some drive block types, yes? So now folks are wishing for drive block versions of those input boosts? That are based on drive blocks? What?
There are some boosts that are not from particular drive blocks... So, yes, it's a bit of a strange crossover request ;)

Maybe I'm asleep, or ought to be (which is true), but isn't this circular? The input boosts are EQ-only versions of some drive block types, yes? So now folks are wishing for drive block versions of those input boosts? That are based on drive blocks? What?
There are some boosts that are not from particular drive blocks... So, yes, it's a bit of a strange crossover request ;)
Crossover in regards to my mockup. Basically, I’d like to have the models that aren’t already in the Drive Block available to use for 4CM.

That CC boost wold be nice with some grit added....
Basically, I’d like to have the models that aren’t already in the Drive Block available to use for 4CM.
That's only like a couple, yes? What is the explicit list (I'm too lazy right now)?

Per Dale, I could definitely see "CC Boost" being a special drive model tuned to Cliff's grit liking and effectively being an EQ only at drive=0.

That's only like a couple, yes? What is the explicit list (I'm too lazy right now)?
Yep. T808, RCB, Super OD, etc. are obviously already available in the Drive Block with their corresponding tone stacks and clipping stages.

So, is this complete?
  • CC Boost
  • Grinder: based on Fortin's Grind pedal. It incorporates Fortin's favorite 6IRTH and 6RIND settings. This type is not available as a type in the Drive block.
  • JP IIC+ Shred: replicates the “Shred” switch on the Mesa/Boogie JP2C. This type is not available as a type in the Drive block.
  • Shred Boost: A clean boost on the input similar to a Tube Screamer but without the treble roll-off (copied from the USA JP IIC+ Shred models). This type is not available as a type in the Drive block.
Without clipping, logically these shouldn't be Drives.

With clipping (or other coloring) they wouldn't be pure boosts unless by design they became pure EQ at Drive=0.

Last edited:
Basically a transparent overdrive with the CC boost EQ.
Well, transparent and "with EQ" are kind of opposites ;)
Or, we're back to a Filter/PEQ (no grit = 'transparent') being the easiest workaround at this point.

Then why dirty up the Drive block with types that aren't a drive? Also, the EQ curve of the CC Boost is currently fixed, which again doesn't fit into the Drive paradigm of modelling actual circuits with dials.

Also, the EQ curve of the CC Boost is currently fixed, which again doesn't fit into the Drive paradigm of modelling actual circuits with dials.
That’s why I suggested calling the model an “EQ Boost.” I would imagine that with a fixed EQ stage and no clipping stage, etc., CPU usage would be at a minimum, likely less than using a Parametric EQ Block. And we still don’t know the “herbs and spices” as Leon pointed out.

If Cliff wants to add clipping stages to all of his FAS original Input Boost models, that’d be more than welcome too.

I don’t really care how it’s implemented. I would just like to be able to use them with a 4CM setup.

Back
Top Bottom