Caution...bit by the Beta...

Thanks for all the advice but I'm OK. Yeah, I know about backups, done many in the dozen or so years I've been using Fractal products.

I just got complacent, overconfident, careless, and maybe a little bit lazy. So, lesson learned. As I said earlier...its all on me.

I'm sure Fractal will shake out the bugs and it will be all good again.

It's all good. I think some people also want to make the preventative measures and solutiosn clear in the thread even if you already know them, because a new user might find it and not know them, or a user thinking about buying might see it and be scared of losing things every update because they don't know the preventative measures available. so it's good to clarify it here in case others are seeing it for the first time.

Not to mention the million bugs reported that all end up related to not being in the updated editor! It literally pops up a hundred times in every update. So whenever a bug/issue is reported, folks are automatically going to ask what firmware, editor, fractal bot version/have you updated…. did you create a back up first???? Etc, etc. It’s not meant to demean anyone- vast knowledge or not.

I wouldn't know what to do with even half the horsepower of a 9 into a III.
I'd love to see what your combined presets look like OP.

I wouldn't know what to do with even half the horsepower of a 9 into a III.
I'd love to see what your combined presets look like OP.
Nothing exotic here. I just like choices. I look for great tone, lots of tone colors to tap in and out of. I play mostly clean to lightly overdriven to crunchy rhythm stuff. I use very little heavy distortion or beyond. I don't use very much time domain stuff, just a little reverb to one side and slap-back delay on the other.

What it does do is open up a lot more switching options and variables to play with. It sounds complicated but it actually made playing easier.

I switch a preset, I have eight scenes on the FM9 and eight scenes on the Axe III, usually two amps and two cabs running on the Axe III and with a mixer, splitting the signal into my Soldano 30 I can have a four or five channel amp tones available. It sounds like a deep rabbit hole but once its set up its really easy to use. One or two taps on the FM9 or FC-12 gets me where I want to be.

Much less pedal dance than the old analog days. (But I do put a few of my old favorite dirt pedals in front of the FM9 just for good measure.)

I know, I probably need counseling.

Cool. Thanks for sharing.

If it makes you happy - and it doesn't break your back or your wallet then no harm no foul I say.
Glad you found something you enjoy. That is the point. To not be chasing gear all the time.... and forget playing!

Not to mention the million bugs reported that all end up related to not being in the updated editor! It literally pops up a hundred times in every update. So whenever a bug/issue is reported, folks are automatically going to ask what firmware, editor, fractal bot version/have you updated…. did you create a back up first???? Etc, etc. It’s not meant to demean anyone- vast knowledge or not.
I don’t understand how people can jump right in and report a bug, legitimate or otherwise, but can’t be bothered to see if it has already been brought up (and addressed). 😤

Back
Top Bottom