Carvin TRx12n Anybody Tried These?

Hi, Happy Halloween. I was wondering if anyone had or has tried these, in particular with an Axe-Fx. I was interested in using with a Mesa 2:50 and Ultra. Would be used with rhythm machine w/bass for practice and such, maybe some program music from time to time, and just all around guitar playing duties with the Ultra and a power amp. Thoughts, experiences, opinions, all appreciated. Thanks

Ed
:ugeek:

I was looking into these a while ago. There's a lot of buzz about the 15" three-way being used in bass rigs succesfully... but unfortunately when you bring up Carvin speakers, you're bound to get a lot of negativity. Most of this comes from people who have never tried them, so if you can find a way, I'd suggest trying one for yourself!

In the price range, I'm starting to hear good things about Yamaha and Behringer. The FBT Verve is the favorite around here for a 12", and is available as a passive wedge (that is, where the are available in the first place).

The only way to be sure is to try them out yourself, using your gear. If you live in California, you could visit a Carvin store (San Diego, Santa Ana, Hollywood and Sacramento). If not, you could take advantage of their 10-day money-back guarantee (http://www.carvinguitars.com/mbg.php).

Back
Top Bottom