Carvin DCM1540L?

Ok so this month I should be picking up a Carvin DCM1540L poweramp. From what Ive read it seems pretty comparable to the Matrix GT800FX, but there doesnt seem to be too much info with it and the axe fx. All I really know is that its Class A/B, on tour with Scale the Summit and it seems to have the specs I need. Anyone have first hand experience with it? Im switching from an Alto TS115a powered wedge btw.

Ok so this month I should be picking up a Carvin DCM1540L poweramp. From what Ive read it seems pretty comparable to the Matrix GT800FX, but there doesnt seem to be too much info with it and the axe fx. All I really know is that its Class A/B, on tour with Scale the Summit and it seems to have the specs I need. Anyone have first hand experience with it? Im switching from an Alto TS115a powered wedge btw.

I was looking at the alto because of the price but have switched gears. I'm looking for a power amp to drive my cab and I think I might go with the gt1000. Its very lightweight and seems to be well suited for my setup.

I have one and use it with a traditional cab, it works just fine. The only thing I don't like about it is that the fan blows from the rear to the front. Not a deal breaker by any means, it works just great with the AxFX.

I used to use a 1540L and switched to a matrix. I would say the carvin was fine but the matrix felt like it had a larger more massive sound, but not so great that I would worry too much about it

like it had a larger more massive sound, but not so great that I would worry too much about it

That's because the energy is there at your demands, it's also there when pushing them. Most amps today have massive power in their data sheets but their power supplies simply can't deliver it.....

I use the 1540L with 2 Xitone wedges, I am very happy with it, the only thing I would say is watch your lowend you may want more headroom with the 1540L, but that is with it getting extremely loud and on bass heavy patches. As far as sound everyone that has heard my Xitones and 1540L has had nothing but compliments.

I'm using the Carvin 1540L into two passive CLR's. Sounds good. I've never heard a Matrix GT1000 in person so I can't compare. But, for $400, its a good deal. About half the cost of a GT1000. If the dollar was on a par with the pound I might have tried a Matrix.

Back
Top Bottom