Carvin DCM1540L

webstersp

Inspired
Anyonne using this power amp with the axe fx?
I'm looking for some reviews since the search option
of this forum is not very good!

mhenson42 is using two of them, each bridged at 1500watts (8ohm) into two Mills Acoustic 4x12 cabs... he says it sounds killer!!! (At least in bridged mode)

At first i tought he was using two 16 ohms cabs and daisy chain them.
But after reading you once again.... 1500 watt in each cab?
I will only be using one 4x12 with G12T75's and V'30's x pattern, a240W cab.
I may add another later. But the CArvin DCM1540L = 425W @ 8 ohms
I tought taht it was enough for my cab?
Or there is also the DCM 3000 = 550W @ 8 ohms

At first i tought he was using two 16 ohms cabs and daisy chain them.
But after reading you once again.... 1500 watt in each cab?
I will only be using one 4x12 with G12T75's and V'30's x pattern, a240W cab.
I may add another later. But the CArvin DCM1540L = 425W @ 8 ohms
I tought taht it was enough for my cab?
Or there is also the DCM 3000 = 550W @ 8 ohms

You can always run it bridged and run the masters around 10 O'clock, there is no rule saying you have to turn it all the way up just because it's there.

I'm using a Carvin DCM-1540L in my Axe-Fx Ultra rig and AFAIC one of these supplies MORE then enough power/headroom. There is NO need for two. If you run out of power using this amp then you are using some grossly inefficient speakers.

To answer webstersp, for the money this amp is tough (if not impossible) to beat. It's a well made lightweight amp with plenty of power. It runs very cool and very quiet, and the sound is crystal clear. You get out of it EXACTLY what you put into it, nothing more-nothing less. And after all isn't that what a power-amp is supposed to do.

mhenson42 is using two of them, each bridged at 1500watts (8ohm) into two Mills Acoustic 4x12 cabs... he says it sounds killer!!! (At least in bridged mode)

It does. I love the headroom of the high power.

but it's overkill for my bedroom rig though. lol. I think Cesar is going to buy my spare and replace the VHT 2/50/2 he has.

i had DCM1540L which i was running int 2 4x12s in stereo. I found that the 8ohm cab was fine but the 16ohm cab was running out of juice. I opted to get the 3000L and not have to worry about it. A bridged 1540L should be ample power for one

Wow you must like it eh Matt? Over the VHT stuff??

I haven't had them side-by-side, but I'm liking the Axe alot more now than I did when I had the VHTs. I think the tubes are great though - I just don't think you need them to get it to sound good. I do like the Axe through the Kt88s of my Nitro, but it isn't anything better than I can get out of the 1540L. I still may pick up a 2/90/2 again - just to have (because I'm nuts.....lol). I'm gonna do the comparison to a 2/50/2 next weekend when my friend brings his down.

A big plus of the 1540L is that you don't need banana cables. Just standard 1/4 inch jacks/speak-ons for outs. XLR or 1/4 jacks for inputs.

If I can achieve almost the same results using the PEQ with the carvin 1540L VS the Fryette 2502.
The choice is easy for me.
1100$ difference, no tube maintenance, only 14lbs (33lbs for fryette), more power (1500wt bridged).

Back
Top Bottom