Carrying Case for the Fractal

mikeyjake

Just got my FX8, and I'm sure I'm just hitting the tip of the iceberg, but so far... WOW. Really well thought out, really well built, logical (yes, lots of options, but the approach makes sense), usable features, and sounds...

Just makes the one glaring hole for be bigger... case? Mine came in essentially a grocery bag. I get that some folks will put on a pedalboard, in its own case. But this is a $1400 item... shouldn't it at least some with some sort of protective bag you can put it in?

I play on taking it by itself, *as* the pedalboard pretty much (maybe a second pedal in the bag).

So what are the options? I don't need crazy protection... I'd kill for something like the pedaltrain soft bags (which are, of course, included).

Thoughts?

Mike

(thanks in advance)

Just got my FX8, and I'm sure I'm just hitting the tip of the iceberg, but so far... WOW. Really well thought out, really well built, logical (yes, lots of options, but the approach makes sense), usable features, and sounds...

Just makes the one glaring hole for be bigger... case? Mine came in essentially a grocery bag. I get that some folks will put on a pedalboard, in its own case. But this is a $1400 item... shouldn't it at least some with some sort of protective bag you can put it in?

I play on taking it by itself, *as* the pedalboard pretty much (maybe a second pedal in the bag).

So what are the options? I don't need crazy protection... I'd kill for something like the pedaltrain soft bags (which are, of course, included).

Thoughts?

Mike

(thanks in advance)

Scroll down to the FX8 Road Cases thread on page 2. There are lots of good ideas there including the Mono bags and hard cases.

No it shouldn't come with a carrying case for $1400. It doesn't make sense for a company to buy in mass quantities a carrying case that only 30 to 40% of the buyers will find useful. For every one guy that likes the case, there would be two more wishing it had pockets or was lighter. That's why it's left up to the individual.

No it shouldn't come with a carrying case for $1400. It doesn't make sense for a company to buy in mass quantities a carrying case that only 30 to 40% of the buyers will find useful. For every one guy that likes the case, there would be two more wishing it had pockets or was lighter. That's why it's left up to the individual.

For the cost of a $5 bag, you get something that you know will fit, and will protect a bit even in shipping.
Most important, it saves the users from trying to have to find something that might fit, but might not.

I don't use hard cases, a lot of folks I know don't use hard cases, but somehow $1400 instruments keep showing up with them. (and those are much more expensive than a bag)

Back
Top Bottom