Carol Ann...Not what I was expecting?!

logicroxx said:
Kriig said:
Ed DeGenaro said:
It's dark, it's ratty...no clue whether it's supposed to sound that way but I actually dig it. Would it be my goto sim...no. But all the hand wringing I've seen...go figure...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQN7hwk41g

That sucked... Here is a demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Ws1VX7nD4

Speaking of sucks, you could certainly improve your method of responding to other forum members...

And no, it doesn't suck. It may not sound exactly like the clip you've provided, but who cares?

Sorry about that... If it is a demo from the OP or someone else here, my humble sorry´s would be in order. I thought it was a link to "someone´s" demo. It´s on the GENERAL DISCUSSION site, not on recording. Anyway: Sorry. I stand corrected...

Based on this quote from the maker of the Carol Ann, I'm pretty excited to get the update. From http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... 358&page=5
Spent a long time today and I have it really close. Made some changes to the fine parameters, got the feel and tone very close to an actual OD-2 running in to the same cab at the same time (stereo cab of course).
The model does respond very similar to the real thing, it even cleans up off the guitar volume in the same way. The tonestack, harmonic composition, gain levels are all pretty close now. When I hooked it to the computer for a low-fi test, it sounds best through the EVM-12L emulated cab....go figure....so does the real amp.

Clearly to get it exactly identical to an actual amp is like chasing rainbows for someone like me. There is a certain feel and surround you can only get with a well designed and built tube amp, but I couldn't imagine an emulation of the OD-2 ever being better than this.

Cliff even said himself that the model blooms better than any of the other models and he doesn't know why. It could be because I had the chance to provide input to it and no-one knows a model better than the guys who design and build them. Plus we quickly found a common language to interface through which made communicating and translating from the real world so much easier.

Hopefully you guys can get to hear it soon

I'd really like to make some patches with the Carol Ann, but I'll just wait 'till Cliff and the designer hook up on it and get it to where they both want it...sounds promising!

Really excited to hear the results of this colaboration maybe it will shed light on new ways to improve the amp sims overall since this sim seems to be ahead of the curve, gotta love this product. Always exciting.

anyone know if we'll ever get the clean channel to this, it seems implied in some of carol's posts that it though its not happening now it might be in the future, but unless I missed it I haven't heard anything else about it. However from youtube demos I've hear... me want some carol ann clean

acwild said:
I think Cliff will need to brace himself for the "I like the old version" better comments. :D

I'm waiting for 9.03 before I try the Carol Ann for this very reason.

Back
Top Bottom