Carol-Ann+Les Paul, I like it! (9.03)

Ahh...that is sooo nice...your touch and composition remind me a little of Mark Knopfler...smooth! Thanks a lot for sharing.

Not the kind of music I listen to, but damn...that was smooth!
My taste of music is really monotonous, but after I got the axe and joined this community, you guys have really opened up my ears! :)

Is it even possible for you to extract something from your instrument that isn't emotionally touching?

Just a small nitpick: the intonation on the bass track sounded a bit off at times. Did you record it yourself? If so, nice P-bassey tone as well.

Thank you very much for your kind comments! FreaqyFrequency, you have a great ear, you are absolutely right, the bass was a bit out of tune, and perhaps too loud for my taste, I made the recording late at night at very low volume and didn't notice it. Yes, I played bass too on the recording, it is an old japanese Precision copy, with EMG pickup, it sounds good, but it needs new hardware, it goes out of tune too often. I recorded it again, and uploaded again the song, it is much better now.

Every time I hear one of your songs, the outside world disappears. It's so beautiful... if I had technique like that I'd never leave the house. It'd be me in my basement with guitars and my axe... probably surrounded in dirty dishes from when my wife would occasionally feed me like a pet.

Excellent clip. It was the first one I'd heard since the new updated release and it made me smile. I think it captures the recorded tone of the OD2 really well. Congrats on a great recording and thanks for giving it a run out !

Thank you so much, I didn't know anything about your amps before Cliff and you put it in the Axefx, I think it sounds incredibly good in the Axe, the real amp must be absolutely incredible. Congrats for your work and thank you for giving us a chance to get a taste of your great design.

Sorry, I had deleted the song, I recorded bass again, I wasn't very happy with the sound, I think it sounds better now. Link updated.

Xavi Garci,
I just have to jump in here to acknowledge your sense of taste and feel. I can really feel the touch and emotion you put into the clips you post. You hint at the chops, without the need to be showey - just what the song needs, and no more...... Thanks!

Thanks again for your comments. I'm sorry I didn't save the patch, but it is really very simple, only Carol-Ann+Redwirez (G12M/R121/CapEdge 2"; G12L/R121/Cap 3")+ long hall reverb and stereo delay, adjust amp gain to taste (with gain and master volume), that's all. I find very easy to dial good sounds with the latest Axe updates, almost every amp sound great with default parameters.

Back
Top Bottom