Capturing IR from Fishman Aura DI

I'd like to capture an IR of my signal chain of my Martin D28 into the Fishman Aura DI. How can I create an IR from the output of the Fishman to then drop into the "cab" of an acoustic preset I'm building on my FM9?

I've never created an IR before. All input is appreciated!

You would need a tone match block to capture the frequency response. No such luck on an FM9.

Edit: brianv4 beat me to it.

There are EQ matching plugins out there that work similarly to the tone match block. You could potentially do it in a DAW instead and then import the .wav IR file in as a user cab.

I'd like to capture an IR of my signal chain of my Martin D28 into the Fishman Aura DI. How can I create an IR from the output of the Fishman to then drop into the "cab" of an acoustic preset I'm building on my FM9?

I've never created an IR before. All input is appreciated!
If you have a Mac, you have an Impulse Response Utility built in. If you’re Windows, there are some free ones out there.

You can use your FM9 as the audio interface to connect your Aura to your computer but you’ll need the software to create the IR itself.

Last edited:
I searched mine and nothing showed up. It looks like it used to be part of Logic Pro’s Space Designer, but the current version doesn’t seem to include it.
Strange. Yeah I can get to it through Space Designer in Logic Pro X but also as a stand-alone app which I just traced back to an Applications folder within MainStage.

I’m still on Catalina. That would be a shame if they just got rid of it. It’s not super intuitive but you can make accurate IR’s with it.

Last edited:
Strange. Yeah I can get to it through Space Designer in Logic Pro X but also as a stand-alone app which I just traced back to an Applications folder within MainStage.

I’m still on Catalina. That would be a shame if they just got rid of it.
Ah, I removed MainStage because I wasn't using it and hadn't seen an update in ages. It was part of my journey toward Fractal gear.

Ah, I removed MainStage because I wasn't using it and hadn't seen an update in ages. It was part of my journey toward Fractal gear.
You should still be able to get to it at Logic Pro/Contents/Helpers/ or through Space Designer…

AM-JKLVaOladhkk64BQjEJJ2FywKWeO8oA_kjTcdjwXI1myrXY1ZLHyl24ZyRuXmwfTk-M8eG0XXyZrZPSz-IH2qi2iPs4IBwuz2iycwad-1WpcLzsEgsrV2GmGMxh0xUdB9_zW0Md5rIMKSRNOP-4y2PgE1=w1170-h627-no

Which funnily enough is a different version of it than I have through MainStage haha. They work the same, though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom