Can't seem to make a nice lead sound without the fizz

JJunkie said:
MisterE said:
JJunkie,

the sound I'm after is in the clip at the beginning of this post.

ahhh... I must have some japanese blood in me - have habit of reading starting from the end of the post - sorry dude

is that so? Japanese read starting from the bottom? Arabs read from right to left.

ahhh... I must have some japanese blood in me - have habit of reading starting from the end of the post - sorry dude
No need to apologise. I should've just repost the link Thanks for your interest and help.

So, what have I been up to.
I wasn't pleased with the NewRectumfrier. I had been in the past but somehow the amp changed in the last upgrades. it got more fizzy and where it had a nice snarling sound with the strat in the past, it seems as though the frequency of the snarls had doubled of tripled if you know what I mean.
So I tried some other combinations.
A Shiva and a Marsha HBE with the German cab.
So yesterday, I had been tweaking for about four or five hours and ended with a Marsha HBE and German cab.
I saved it although I wasn't quite pleased.
My ears certainly play tricks on me.
Today, when I started tweaking, I started with the same Marsha preset and now it sounded ok.
It needed a little adjustment, a bit less drive, less presence, added some mids et voila.
And just because I don't trust my ears, I started saving versions of the same amp/cab combinations.

So tonight, I tried it with my Warmoth strat and soloist and it sounded great.
I wanted to record the result with the strat but as I wanted to save, my computer froze.
Damn.
No worries, as soon as I've recorded it, I'll post it with the preset.

Good to hear you are getting there! Given the choices of amps and what I believe you are after give the Euro Red Channel a try at some point. I find it has a well rounded tone.

Back
Top Bottom