Can't Load IR's into Axe-Fx Ultra

brettllingle

Inspired
I tried all night last night to load some new IR' s in the user spots and they would not load. I am on 10.03. I read somewhere that the new firmware may be the culprit. Any suggestions?

If the program you use allows editing you could change the 3rd/4th bytes to the new ID. Axe-Edit will make that change automatically if needed.

Axe-Edit is in Beta still and I heard it screw up your Axe-Fx so I am not chancing that. Seems to me that it was pointless to change the sysex ID. What was the purpose of that?

I was just loading IRs in my Mac via AxeEdit last night and noticed that my midi settings have disappeared. Probably not your issue but just in case...

Axe-Edit is in Beta still and I heard it screw up your Axe-Fx so I am not chancing that.
You are probably reacting to comments about earlier versions of AxeEdit; the recent versions are very stable and I have not heard of anything that might screw up your AxeFx.

Seems to me that it was pointless to change the sysex ID. What was the purpose of that?
The original sysex ID was just for development; it was changed after the official sysex ID was assigned.

Axe-Edit is in Beta still and I heard it screw up your Axe-Fx so I am not chancing that. Seems to me that it was pointless to change the sysex ID. What was the purpose of that?

Now I'm no MIDI expert, but here is my take on it. If I'm wrong I'm sure that someone will correct me :)

The sysex ID is like an address of some kind for a device. Basically what it would be doing in the case of the AxeFX is to make sure that say a firmware upgrade for a keyboard isn't accidentally loaded into the AxeFX. If the AxeFX is expecting to recieve data for ID 174 via MIDI and you are addressing it to sysex ID 175 it isn't going to know that it's for it regardless of whether you are using AxeEdit or another application or even a MIDI footcontroller.

As for AxeEdit being in beta...the last 4 or 5 revisions have been rock solid for me. I just upgraded to the most recent one tonight in a matter of about 40 seconds and it works great. The only thing that needs to be worked on is the preset manager and workspace; it's a bit unintuitive in my opinion. v1.0 is supposed to be the official release and the preset manager is supposed to be completely revamped.

The only real issue with AxeEdit that I've seen is with MIDI adapters not getting along with it and the AxeFX. The list of compatible MIDI adapters is pretty short to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom