Can't get red lights when setting input level

jmillerc2

Setting A/D levels, instrument in, I can't get red lights with Carvin humbuckers, Fender hum-b, etc. I turned input up to 100% and still no red. Lights defective or me?

Check "Input 1 Mode" in the I/O menu, should be "left". In sum L+R mode the red LEDs are impossible to light.

Well, it's not the lights because they turn red on restart. So for whatever reason, I'm not able to max out the input.

Try another cable and another guitar if possible. On a side note I have several guitars that won't hit the red either, but they're all single coil guitars. It all depends on how hot the output of the pickup is and the signal level getting there.

And it's not the end of the world if you can't get it to peak to red. I only really have a problem when I'm using something with a hot pickup and I've got the level too high. I don't clip, but it feels less dynamic to me. I can always tell when I forget just by playing.

I wouldn't worry about it. I set my level for my highest output guitar (hot humbuckers). After that, my strat never hits the red. Sounds fine. Input level isn't going to affect tone.

Back
Top Bottom