Can't Disconnect FXLoop from Output (Out 1)

Toopy14

Axe-Master
When I put the FXLoop Block in the last column, it automatically connects to the Output. I can't seem to be able to disconnect the FXLoop Block from the Output (Out 1). I can highlight it, but delete doesn't disconnect it. If I highlight the connection, a bubble pops-up that says 'Double-click to disconnect', but it doesn't work either.

I use the FXLoop (Out 2), in this preset to connect to a real amp., so no amp. sims or cabs are used.

Is this a bug or 'feature'?

upload_2018-2-15_8-12-23.png

Blocks in first/last column automatically connect to input/output block.

If you want to prevent signal from reaching Out 1 with this routing you can set the FXL main balance control to one side and the output mixer balance for that row to the opposite side.

(Setting FXL level to -80 dB may work fine in most scenarios, but be aware this doesn't quite mute the signal completely.)

It is not a bug. As mentioned first and last columns always connect to the Input and Output blocks respectively. I believe it was done this way to reduce “I don’t get sound” questions since the Input and Output blocks are permanent (less obvious to connect the block perhaps).

For most situations, simply turning down the FX Block Level works, but as mentioned it isn’t completely silent.

The Axe III platform changes this implementation, and I am personally ready to answer the “why don’t I get sound” question a multitude of times.

I believe it was done this way to reduce “I don’t get sound” questions since the Input and Output blocks are permanent (less obvious to connect the block perhaps).

I wonder then, in a future update of Axe-Edit, if the pop-up bubble that tells you how to disconnect it by double-clicking can be removed. That's the reason I though it may be a bug, because it was telling me how to do it, but it wasn't working.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom