Can't connect Fractal-Bot to AX8

jzucker

Experienced
Connecting to AX8 via USB, and selecting my AX8 device and AX8 Midi, the checkmarks never appear for the midi in/out so I'm never able to even select my firmware file.

I was able to connect to the ax8 with ax8-edit with no issues.

Running windows 8.1, no issues with the axefx ii mk ii and the same computer.

Please advise.

From the manual:

- USB – This provides the AX8 with two-way “MIDI-over-USB” capabilities when connected to a compatible Mac or PC. No driver is required. The AX8 does not have USB audio capabilities.

I've been using AX II XL for more than a year, starting to use AX8 now (if I can get the USB connection to work). I'm having same problems with AX8 not talking to FractalBot.

AX8 fw 6.02 (Dec 19, 2016). Must be what it shipped with.
AX8Edit (just upgraded to 1.8.1, same symptoms before and after upgrade)
Fractalbot 2.8.2 (and I've successfully used Fractalbot to update firmware many times on AX II XL)
With Ax8Edit open or closed, same issue.
Ax8 will not talk to Ax8edit either.... seems like flat out no USB connectivity (except I hear the computer making the sound that it normally makes when it connects or disconnects from USB).
I know my USB cable is good- I also tried 2 different ones, and multiple USB Ports.
I get green checkbox next to Ax8, but missing the other 2 green checkboxes in Fractalbot.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I've been using AX II XL for more than a year, starting to use AX8 now (if I can get the USB connection to work). I'm having same problems with AX8 not talking to FractalBot.

AX8 fw 6.02 (Dec 19, 2016). Must be what it shipped with.
AX8Edit (just upgraded to 1.8.1, same symptoms before and after upgrade)
Fractalbot 2.8.2 (and I've successfully used Fractalbot to update firmware many times on AX II XL)
With Ax8Edit open or closed, same issue.
Ax8 will not talk to Ax8edit either.... seems like flat out no USB connectivity (except I hear the computer making the sound that it normally makes when it connects or disconnects from USB).
I know my USB cable is good- I also tried 2 different ones, and multiple USB Ports.
I get green checkbox next to Ax8, but missing the other 2 green checkboxes in Fractalbot.

Any ideas?
Make sure Chrome is not running on your system. Merely exiting the program may not be enough, as Chrome runs in the background. The AX8 uses the standard MIDI driver, and only supports one connection at a time. If any other application attaches itself to the AX8, then Fractal-Bot/AX8-Edit will not be able to connect.

Back
Top Bottom