Can you distinguish fractal and mesa/boogie? try it! :)

pretty please patch, ps, Im sure with a mic it changes things, mesa sounds a bit more compressed, more mid scooped slightly thicker, less forward and probably a bit lower in final perceived volume. I prefer the axe as well.

did you tm the patch or make from axe 2 only? cmon now throw up the preset.

Think the guys at the Mesa Boogie Forums will like the fact that the Axe has perfectly nailed what their "Precious" Mark V's can do? :lol

How about a blind test. Clip #1. Clip #2. Don't reveal which is which, let us guess. That's the only way do do a proper "can you distinguish" thread.
If you tell the vintage loving audience #1 is a PAF and #2 is a replica, they'll always choose the PAF, even if it sounds like p00 by comparison.

People are biased. Take the bias out of the equation.

axe has more thumb ;) maybe the "real" mesa cuts more in the mix .. but ill guess with some post EQ i would fit both very well in the mix ;)

Wonderfull playing man! Great job.

As for the sounds they are clearly different here in the mid forward NS10s at my studio.
The real Mesa is a bit more scooped. The AXE track is a bit louder too which influences our ability to perceive.

For a real mix the AXE sound must be EQ a bit in the bass to sit better in the track.

What mic are you using? Is it just me or you can listen to the pick on strings sound captured by the mic?

Anyway the tones are awesome!!!
Would love to play with the patch if its not a tone match :)

There are some level and sound differences, both are good, I'd probably check to see which one would fit the mix better, but soloed i'd go with the amp, there is a certain warmth that I enjoy on it a little more.

Awesome! Could you please share the patch?

Nice! Please share the patch :)

Patch Please.....

Great stuff! Would also love the preset!

pretty please patch

please share this patch up on the Axe Exchange :)

apparently not a sharer (and I dont mean Harry -((the voice of many simpsons))

Hmm.. Perfect material for matching. Just MATCH it! :D I got great results :p

Back
Top Bottom