Can you bypass Speaker Impedance Curve when using a tube power amp to a real guitar cab? Other settings to change when doing this?

SinglecutGuy

Inspired
Pretty straight forward question here. If I'm running my Axe through the FX Return loop of my tube head (solely for tube power), directly into a real guitar cab, is there a way to bypass the Speaker Impedance Curve? Or is it just better practice to select "Resistive Load"?

I assume selecting "Off" for "Power Amp Modeling" is the next thing to do. Are there any other settings to change when using this type of deployment?

Power amp off disables the speaker page, otherwise, with p.a. on, the "resistive load" IC is neutral afaik. No other ways to bypass IC I know of.

Power amp off disables the speaker page, otherwise, with p.a. on, the "resistive load" IC is neutral afaik. No other ways to bypass IC I know of.
I didn’t know that it disables the speaker page. That would effectively cover it. It’s odd that disabling it doesn’t give any visual off off or bypass in the speaker page. Hmm.

I didn’t know that it disables the speaker page. That would effectively cover it. It’s odd that disabling it doesn’t give any visual off off or bypass in the speaker page. Hmm.
The p.a. "off" is the only indication (tripped me up a few times) - p.a. off turns off: speaker page, power amp page, power tubes + CF page, and power supply page, however, there are some specific control exceptions on these pages I've found that are still active even with power amp OFF (not sure if this is a bug or intended - maybe someone else can chime in w more info) - these exceptions are as follows on the JM45 model (not sure if the same across models):
- On Power Amp Page
- Master Volum Cap​
- Master Vol Location​
- Power Tubes + CF Page
- CF Compression.​
- CF Harmonics.​
- CF Grid Clipping? (maybe - hard to tell)​
- Power Supply Page
- Variac​
- Screen Frequency? (maybe - hard to tell)​
- Screen Q? (maybe - hard to tell)​
- Speaker Page