Can You Attach An EQ Pedal To A Wah?

Davus PG

Inspired
I'm really tempted by the Dunlop Petrucci wah, so much so that I almost bought one on, but then common sense prevailed and I realised that my FX8 can probably do the same as the Petrucci wah and so much more!

The manual for the Petrucci wah very kindly includes all of the frequencies for the heel down, toe down and the built in 6 band EQ, plus John's preferred settings.

My question is on the FX8 can you have an EQ block only affect the wah? Or do you even need to?

I know the Dunlop JP pedal is based on JP's rack wah settings, so how does the EQ on that work? Is it just the same as going through an EQ pedal and then a wah? In which case I guess I just have an EQ block before the wah.....Or does it equalise the Q?

Sorry if this is confusing, basically any tips for recreating this pedal.

Is it possible to have the EV-1 auto engage the wah AND the EQ block at the same time?

Many thanks guys

David

I do not know what the JP wah does, but yes you can control multiple things at the same time with auto engage. you can attach the same auto engage settings to an eq block on the bypass modifier and it will turn on at the same time as the wah.

My question is on the FX8 can you have an EQ block only affect the wah? Or do you even need to?
The parameters you can tweak on the wah models make them incredibly versatile. They give you the ability to adjust the heel down and toe down frequencies. I would be somewhat surprised if you weren't able to replicate it with one of the wahs. As far as the EQ, I'm not sure how you'd set it up to auto-engage. There's also the option of creating a scene with the EQ on that you would use with the wah.

Use an Auto-Engage modifier on the GEQ where MIN and MAX (Level) are both set to 0 dB. Then when you engage the wah, the EQ will also come on ;-)

Back
Top Bottom