Can use my Fm9 for channel switching on my real tube amp?

kevk23

hey guys I have two real tube amps with 2 channels (clean and overdrive) and sometimes I really like use the 4 CM with my fm9 but instead of using a drive block infront of the amp I would like to used the overdrive of my amp but i dont now if the fm9 has a way to plug the as a foot swticher

any help?

don't think you can do that.
what you can do is use fm9's midi capability to pilot a channel switching device.
assuming your amps are not midi.

I used to have a Rocktron Octoplus for that back in the 90s with my Roland GP-16 unit. Worked fantastic. I actually sold it a couple years ago for more than I paid for it in 1991, so I imagine there aren't as many modern options as you'd think. I don't know why.

I use an Amp Gizmo and a Voodoo Lab Control Switcher. Both work beautifully to switch amp channels with the FM9.

Old vid I did with my Axe ii. I use the same rig in exactly the same way with the FM9, though the MIDI block in the FM9 makes it quite a bit easier to set up. I also use a KHE switcher to switch between multiple amps. It's seamless, so nice to be able to get any amp on any channel with preset and scene selections on the FM9.

Attachments

• FM9 Full Rack Diagram.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
I have the Airstep lite, which does not. I think the Airstep does. But it's quite expensive for just a MIDI-controlled switch.

hey guys I have two real tube amps with 2 channels (clean and overdrive) and sometimes I really like use the 4 CM with my fm9 but instead of using a drive block infront of the amp I would like to used the overdrive of my amp but i dont now if the fm9 has a way to plug the as a foot swticher

any help?

As others have chimed in, you'll need to send midi from the FM9 to a relay midi-compatible relay switcher to switch your amp channels. The Suhr and RJM and Xsonic Airstep are all devices I've personally used in rigs to switch channels on a non- midi capable amp.

Back
Top Bottom