Can this footswitch be used?

SJonesofva

Inspired
Howdy,

Received my FM9 yesterday, so in learning and figuring out mode...

I have an old Digitech FS300 three button footswitch that uses a TRS cable to connect. I've been able to use this footswitch with different pieces of gear.

Will this footswitch work with the FM9, plugged into an expression pedal input with a TRS cable? The FM9 Owner's Manual seems to only allow single switches with a TS cable. The FM3 supports dual switches using a TRS cable, so wondering if at least two of the switches on my FS300 will work on the FM9 if I set things up properly?

Thanks,

Steve

no. the FM9 can host a single switch per pedal jack.

the FM3 is different and can host 2 switches per jack.

The Mode switch will work. The Down switch will not. The Up switch may give unexpected results.

Perhaps a new wishlist item? I was hoping I could use that switch to turn certain effects on and off like delay, drive, etc. Would be great to turn three things on/off with one switch.

If it is a hardware limitation then they can't change that with an update, but if it's a firmware thing, they could. Maybe.

Steve

Perhaps a new wishlist item? I was hoping I could use that switch to turn certain effects on and off like delay, drive, etc. Would be great to turn three things on/off with one switch.

If it is a hardware limitation then they can't change that with an update, but if it's a firmware thing, they could. Maybe.

Steve
We've been told by Fractal that it is a hardware limitation.

If you really want to use the switch you can get a female TRS to dual TS splitter adapter and use 2 jacks. ;)

I did order that one since I have posted this. Won't be here for a few weeks but I'm going to try it.
A few weeks? Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Did you order the one from American Loopers or Amazon? Because it's usually a few days (tops) from Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom