Can the tuner be used for Acoustic

As long as you have a way to feed the signal into the unit, yes. There’s no microphone on it to pick up the sound.

As long as you have a way to feed the signal into the unit, yes. There’s no microphone on it to pick up the sound.

I thought as much, got a guy coming over for a lesson with an old acoustic with no pickup. Guess I'll have to tune it the old fashioned way, it has a broken machine head though, may have to tune the whole thing to that one string! Thanks again iaresee :)

Bruce, can you elaborate?

QUOTE="Brucegregori, post: 1664720, member: 56074"]yup/QUOTE]

That's a lot of info for just 3 letters. ^[/QUOTE]

Hell, you don't even need a paid app. I use the free Fender tuner app. There are TONS of free tuner apps.

Hell, you don't even need a paid app. I use the free Fender tuner app. There are TONS of free tuner apps.

Oh yeah? nice. So what do I do, just google "free guitar tuner?" Are they any good? Any virus or malware risks? Is it usable for phone, laptop, Mac, PC?

Thanks

Well, what are you using it for? If it's for a mobile device, just go into the app store and search for guitar tuner. Any one that just says "get" will be free (no risk of viruses if you use iOS). As far as on a laptop or desktop PC, yeah, there should be a lot of free apps. If you use a Mac, there will be a tuner already in GarageBand. You've got lots of options. Honestly, though, your easiest bet is just a cheapo little Snark-like headstock tuner :)

Well, what are you using it for? If it's for a mobile device, just go into the app store and search for guitar tuner. Any one that just says "get" will be free (no risk of viruses if you use iOS).

Yes that would probably be the most beneficial. GarageBand has a tuner but does it work for acoustics with no pickup or microphone?

Thanks decreebass :)

I keep a cheap (like $7 on Amazon) acoustic pickup I use for my ukulele, mandolin & such handy. Its the stick-on kind but instead of the double-stick tape, I use PartyTack which won't harm finishes and transfers between instruments quickly & easily.
Then I can use the Axe FX tuner as well as amps/effects. Am sure I'm not the first to create presets for mandolin, banjo & others. For actual recording I use a condenser mic or a Barcus Berry pickup.

I keep a cheap (like $7 on Amazon) acoustic pickup I use for my ukulele, mandolin & such handy. Its the stick-on kind but instead of the double-stick tape, I use PartyTack which won't harm finishes and transfers between instruments quickly & easily.
Then I can use the Axe FX tuner as well as amps/effects. Am sure I'm not the first to create presets for mandolin, banjo & others. For actual recording I use a condenser mic or a Barcus Berry pickup.

How does the acoustic pickup sound? "PartyTack" you say eh? So one could put pictures (printed pictures) on one's guitar? I'll have to remember that ;).

How does the acoustic pickup sound? "PartyTack" you say eh? So one could put pictures (printed pictures) on one's guitar? I'll have to remember that ;).

I have a couple of cheap pickups from Amazon. My cheaper one is by Neweer. Its a dollar less ($5.99) than when I bought mine. Works good but don't throw it around. For a few bucks more ($18.59) I also got the Sunyin Transducer pickup which sounds great, is pretty tough but one complaint is the short adapter cable can pull out kind of easily if not careful. I'd post a video plating them but not allowed yet to post links. Either of these sound very good except for the most critical. But you will either have to use a preamp or adjust input levels up on the Axe FX.

I know someone that uses partytack to put the set list on the back of their guitar.

Back
Top Bottom