Can the EV-1...

Davus PG

Inspired
Be used as both a volume pedal and an expression pedal from preset to preset or scene to scene?

Or do I need two: One to use as an expression pedal and one as a volume pedal?

Sorry can't get my head around it!

Preset to preset, yes you can use it as volume on preset 1 and expression on preset 2 etc.
scene to scene not from what I know

Be used as both a volume pedal and an expression pedal from preset to preset or scene to scene?

Or do I need two: One to use as an expression pedal and one as a volume pedal?

Sorry can't get my head around it!

You can change it from preset to preset all you want, but once your pedal is set to a perimeter, you cannot change it to something else using scenes. In scenes as you may know, you make an adjustment to something and it changes that in all scenes, unless you are x/y'ing things.

Ah, ok I get it. Yes that makes sense.

I've seen a demo where the EV-1 is attached to a wah block and set to automatically turn on when stepped on like a Morley wah and off when returned to the heel down position. Presumably this would mean that when switching from this to say a preset where the Ev-1 acts as a volume pedal you would need to remember to change the pedal to the toe down position before playing?

Thanks

. Presumably this would mean that when switching from this to say a preset where the Ev-1 acts as a volume pedal you would need to remember to change the pedal to the toe down position before playing?

Thanks

Or use toe down as your wah off position.

once your pedal is set to a perimeter, you cannot change it to something else using scenes. In scenes as you may know, you make an adjustment to something and it changes that in all scenes, unless you are x/y'ing things.

Sort of...

But the pedal can be controlling both e.g., a whammy and a rotary block. There's no reason not to have the whammy on in scene 1 and the rotary off, then the whammy off and the rotary on in scene 2... Effectively controlling two different blocks in two different scenes.

Also, each block can interpret the position of the pedal differently, according to custom curves you set up.

For example, you could have two drive blocks in parallel, with their mix values controlled by the pedal, such that toe down is 100% block 1 and 0% block two, with heel down being the opposite. Custom cross fade without a mix block!

Back
Top Bottom