Can the Axe FX be used as a tool for electronic music?

Hansen

Experienced
Has anybody experienced with using the Axe FX for making electronic music. In that case, what presets and sounds have you used? Is it possible to also create a synth preset, send MIDI through it and use it as a sample?

Has anybody experienced with using the Axe FX for making electronic music. In that case, what presets and sounds have you used? Is it possible to also create a synth preset, send MIDI through it and use it as a sample?

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/some-self-promotion.128968/
if you haven't yet, go to @simeon 's website Linked from above post and download his blocks and presets ...also, I have found this MIDI GUITAR app as a revelation for integrating synth sounds and samples with axfx or any guitar audio signal....

www.jamorigin.com

The Axe II can be used for effects with any audio source. It does have a synth block, but it does not handle MIDI note messages. It tracks the incoming audio for control or produces preset tones.

The dude from Phantogram uses an Axe-FX, so yeah, I think it works.

Don't know about your MIDI/sample question though.

Since the AxeFx is an electronic device, wouldn't anything creates with it be electronic music?

The Axe II can be used for effects with any audio source. It does have a synth block, but it does not handle MIDI note messages. It tracks the incoming audio for control or produces preset tones.

So I cannot store an Axe FX preset as a sample on my computer somehow? I can only use it and record it via Axe fX?

So I cannot store an Axe FX preset as a sample on my computer somehow? I can only use it and record it via Axe fX?

A preset and a sample are two totally different things.

A sample is an audio recording, which may be part of a preset on a sampler, or a wavetable synth, or a ROmpler keyboard, but the Axe-fx is none of those things and can't provide sample playback, it's merely an effects unit

Back
Top Bottom