Can the AX8 be used as an alternate foot controller for the Axe FX II?

dschaaf

Experienced
I realize the MFC-101 provides full functionality and interaction with the Axe FX II but I literally use my MFC-101 to switch between 5 presets and toggle on and off a few effects. Could the AX8 be used as a "lite" substitute for the MFC-101 for really basic functionality?

Thanks,
D

It could definitely be used for preset switching. Not sure beyond that.
-
Austin

It currently has no MIDI CC output (no MIDI block ala FX8 and no MIDI CC per scene). That means no IA controls (no tap tempo, no block bypass, etc) - it's limited to just preset switching. It also won't receive any feedback from the Axe, so preset names will have to be synced manually.

The MIDI control is perfect for small sidecars like loop switchers or external effects (Big Sky, H9, etc). It's very limited for anything more than that.

It currently has no MIDI CC output (no MIDI block ala FX8 and no MIDI CC per scene). That means no IA controls (no tap tempo, no block bypass, etc) - it's limited to just preset switching. It also won't receive any feedback from the Axe, so preset names will have to be synced manually.

The MIDI control is perfect for small sidecars like loop switchers or external effects (Big Sky, H9, etc). It's very limited for anything more than that.
Thanks, good to know

Back
Top Bottom