Can Someone Help w/ a Edge of Breakup Country Tone?

Bix

I'm a noob, and have been trying to get this via a AC30 patch with 2x12 blues cab and Tele but am struggling. If someone has a patch that works well for this, I'd appreciate if you could share your settings. I don't have a means for uploading / downloading patches yet, so a list of settings would be awesome.

Thanks
Mike

Start out where you are, but with the default AC30 settings. You might want to use the Top Boost if you're not. Crank the master all the way. Roll off the bass a little, and roll up the treble. Then turn the drive all the way down and gradually bring it up until you get the amount of drive you want.

Cool thanks for the tip, I'll try that. Last night I was playing with the blackface and tweed amps with a little verb and delay with great results. This thing sounds so good it makes me laugh out loud as I dial in presets. It's just bloody amazing.

Thanks again.
Mike

When I play with an AC30 patch, I usually use the 1x10 Blue cabinet (Mono HiRes) with the R121 mic. As schnarf said, roll off the bass a bit and turn up the treble (additionally, try raising the mids up to 1-2 o'clock-- when you play with a full band, this will help you 'cut through' a bit more). I usually don't crank the master all the way though. I usually go for about 2 o'clock at most. Power amp distortion is a beautiful thing, but too much will cause your tone to 'fuzz out' a bit too much (IMHO).
The secret combination for me has been engaging the drive and treble boosts. With the drive boost engaged you won't need the gain much past 12 o'clock. One other thing I like is to run some light compression at the beginning of my chain. If you play a lot of hammer on/ pull offs, using a bit of compression can help you sound a little more punchy. Again, just use a little....

Hope this helps!

-AL

Bix said:
Cool thanks for the tip, I'll try that. Last night I was playing with the blackface and tweed amps with a little verb and delay with great results. This thing sounds so good it makes me laugh out loud as I dial in presets. It's just bloody amazing.

Thanks again.
Mike
Check out the Supertweed model also. It sounds awesome. It's like the perfect driven Fender sound with all the good and none of the bad.

Back
Top Bottom