Can someone help me with re-amping?

harsh

Inspired
Hi guys. Can someone help me understand how I can re-amp in Logic Pro using the Axe FX II?

Basically, I tried recording something this weekend using a high gain patch. It came out sounding less beefy than expected, so would like to re-amp it instead of post processing in the DAW. Is there a way to have a "dry take" without any amp sims, that I could use to re-amp later? Apologies if this may be a total noob question to some, but I'm just starting to learn recording at home. Help would be much appreciated, thanks :).

Just to add - I initially tried to use the Axe FX as the sound card, but ended up getting some latency, so I used a Saffire Pro 40 as an external interface. Is it much easier to get a dry take and reamp if only using the Axe?

Is it much easier to get a dry take and reamp if only using the Axe?
Yes.
It's odd that you're getting latency, are you using the latest drivers?
Some new ones came out on the 27th of July.
Anyway, for reamping you need to create 2 tracks in Logic: one with input 1-2 and the other one with input 3-4.
This way you will record a wet track and a dry track.
Then when you want to reamp you just set USB as an input on the Axe FX, click SOLO on the dry track, arm a new track with input 1-2 and a new track with new settings on the axe will be recorded.

Check out this video.
Axe-FX II Tutorial (en): Reamping - YouTube

Thanks Sal. Yes, I have the latest drivers...Just downloaded last week. The system configuration is not an issue either - I'm using one of the new high spec Imacs that I bought just for this purpose. Strangely, didn't face any latency in 6.02. I'll try again with different settings.

Anyway, for reamping you need to create 2 tracks in Logic: one with input 1-2 and the other one with input 3-4.

Great. Is there anything I need to change in the Axe itself? (routing, copy output 1 to 2, etc)?

Yes.
Some new ones came out on the 27th of July.
This way you will record a wet track and a dry track.
Then when you want to reamp you just set USB as an input on the Axe FX, click SOLO on the dry track, arm a new track with input 1-2 and a new track with new settings on the axe will be recorded.

Check out this video.
Axe-FX II Tutorial (en): Reamping - YouTube

Hey Sal I would also be interested to know how you setup your axefx for reaping. Im currently going balanced out from axefx to ensemble and not using usb. I like to record at 88 or 96khz so i cant use usb. Could someone explain a bit more how to setup axe for reamping? Also in specifications fractal has advised to use mono jacks?:roll:roll

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom