can someone help me plz

Can someone tell me how to turn off one block and turn another with 1 pedal press? I just need to switch between blocks

thanks

@mr_fender

Thanks guys for the reply!
my goal is with the press of a button to switch inputs 1&4 (on the axe fx I go to setup/midi/ and I think it called control and click learn for input 1 it turns off and on with the switch no problem but if I try to also assign the same switch input 4 line 1 disappears.
I know there has to be a place where I tell the ax fx "when line 1 turns on line 4 turns off" I went to the settings for the bypass(right clicking bypass) but did not see an option to link the two or tell it the switch state"

@Moke the problem is I would need to assign a button for scene 1 and one for scene 2 as i needed to switch between the 2 on the fly
then I would be in the same boat needing to switch 2 scenes with one switch press

essentially I'm making a buckethead pedal board I have line 6 effects that i need to switch between (via input 4) and line 1 which is the amp other wise when you have 1 and 2 on you hear guitar with the effects .. and it sounds janky

You need to use a control switch. Link this to the bypass state but invert how they act so one is on and one is off.

Or just use a multiplexor, and toggle between channels using your foot switch to engage different signal flows

Thanks again,

I will try both :) one question is the control switch and multi plexor blocks I add to the grid? Unfortunately I'm working now and cant be home but will play tonight.

Gotta feed my guitar addiction LOL

Control switches can be used with standby switches (i.e. with non FC pedals).

Given your other question, I would suggest watching some Leon videos or taking Coopers class it will make it easier.

Multiplexor is a type of block, control switch isn't

the reason I asked was in the manual in page 15 the make a point to say fC

"CONTROL SWITCH MIDI
Another way the Axe-Fx III can transmit MIDI messages is using Control Switches set up on an external Fractal
Audio FC-6 or FC-12 Controller."

Who is Leon and cooper? I'm interested .

That’s for midi - you’re not doing midi from my understanding.

Leon Todd on youtube
Cooper Carter Masterclass - if you Google you’ll find it

so I have the multi plexor set up and set up and the channels set how do I alternate between 2 channels using 1 pedal? or back to my original question how do bypass one block and turn another on with one pedal press? .. I can't believe it needs to be that hard .every one has been telling me different things but they all will require using 2 pedals. and fast footwork. anyone??

@Moke the problem is I would need to assign a button for scene 1 and one for scene 2 as i needed to switch between the 2 on the fly
then I would be in the same boat needing to switch 2 scenes with one switch press

essentially I'm making a buckethead pedal board I have line 6 effects that i need to switch between (via input 4) and line 1 which is the amp other wise when you have 1 and 2 on you hear guitar with the effects .. and it sounds janky
For the record, a single switch on a Fractal 'FC' controller can toggle between two scenes.

A Control Switch is the easiest way to accomplish this. You'll need to assign a Control Switch to one of the FC switches or an external switch. Assign the Bypass State using the modifier and selecting the Control Switch number you assigned to the foot switch.

Last edited:
@JoKeR III
Thanks I appreciate you showing the video the problem is he is using an FC controller and I only have a generic Bheranger pedal most videos assume everyone had 600 bucks for a controller lying around do you know how I can do it with my pedal

at this point i would be happy if i could just assign scene 1 to a pedal and scene 2 to another .. but I dont see any place on the axe fx where you can assign a single scene to a cc number ..why do they have to make this so complicated .. i mean shit its simple have a row of 8 scenes and you click it and hit learn .. whats so hard about that .. instead i have to be fing around looking for some hidden option... like I'm looking for the friggin gspot on my first date.. gerrr. . at least the forum is full of great guys that are willing to help.. and I appreciate that

@JoKeR III
Thanks I appreciate you showing the video the problem is he is using an FC controller and I only have a generic Bheranger pedal most videos assume everyone had 600 bucks for a controller lying around do you know how I can do it with my pedal

at this point i would be happy if i could just assign scene 1 to a pedal and scene 2 to another .. but I dont see any place on the axe fx where you can assign a single scene to a cc number ..why do they have to make this so complicated .. i mean shit its simple have a row of 8 scenes and you click it and hit learn .. whats so hard about that .. instead i have to be fing around looking for some hidden option... like I'm looking for the friggin gspot on my first date.. gerrr. . at least the forum is full of great guys that are willing to help.. and I appreciate that
Which pedal do you have? Sounds like you're connecting via MIDI.

@JoKeR III

Because that's not how scene selection works... You need to send the same CC with different values.

I'm pretty sure the stock Behringer can do that, but if not I know both the UnO and Eureka replacement e-prom chips can do those things and cost under $40 as far as I remember.

Back
Top Bottom