Can Scenes have different settings?

I am having big trouble. I'm trying to set scene 2 different then the blocks i set up for scene 1. After setting scene up in scene 2 it changed scene 1 with the new settings. I thought you could separate scenes and have a totally different set of sounds. Can anyone help me ???

Presets are used for different Blocks. a Scene can turn Blocks off/on and change X/Y (and a few other things). So no, you cannot have different Blocks in different Scenes.

this video was made on the Axe-Fx, but the concepts are the same. it is long, but i highly recommend watching it. the latter part is more Axe specific stuff anyway. you need to understand the progression of Presets, then XY, then Scenes to truly understand how to use them:

http://axefxtutorials.com/2014/10/p...e-axe-fx-ii-in-depth-1-hour-premium-tutorial/

You can save scenes with different settings, but only of the blocks that are in the scene.

Imagine it as lights (a common use of scenes as a terminology): You have a blue, a red, a green, a yellow, and a white. Scene one has blue, red, green. Scene two has red and white, Scene three green and white, and so on. The benefit is you get multiple lights on and off with one switch, as opposed to manually turning on those needing and turning off those not needed. The limitation is you cannot pick a different color than blue, red, green, white. Not to get too weird, but as you can turn on blue and red to get a sort of purple, wise selection of effects allows you to layer two or more to approximate another.

X/Y gives more options (or more lights in the example) but there are still ultimately limitations on what you can add to scenes. If you really need such diverse setting variations, presets may be a better option.

Back
Top Bottom