Can no longer connect over USB after latest windows update

jzucker

Experienced
If I reboot, I can connect with as8-edit for a single edit session but as soon as I do *ANYTHING* on the ax8 such as switch an effect on or off, the unit disconnects and I can no longer connect to it.

And another weird thing is that if I run ax8-edit, i'll hear the disconnect chime followed by the connect chime for the usb device.

Once this happens, the task hangs so badly that taskmanager can't terminate it, nor can the following command which can kill anything:

taskkill /im ax8-edit.exe /f

Tried to reinstall but the installer is unable to terminate the ax8-edit process.

upload_2018-6-17_8-14-20.png

Last edited:
Check your usb connections and your usb cable (they do fail) and also, make sure it's not too long! Try and connect the AX8 to another computer to rule out a faulty AX8 usb connection. If it connects to another computer then it's your computer. Have you tried another USB port on your computer?

I have the latest W10 build (1803) and no problems here (I do assume you're using Win 10)

And I also forgot - make sure you don't have anything else trying to communicate with the AX8 at the same time - eg don't have FracTool or Fractal Bot open at the same time as your AX8-Edit

Back
Top Bottom