Can I use scenes 6-8?

tallcoolone

Inspired
My MFC is set up so that I have to hit REVEAL and then I have access to scenes 1-5 on the bottom row of the MFC. Since I never use the indiv effect switches I'd like to have buttons 6-8 go to the corresponding scene. Possible?

Totally.

It's pretty easy to change what the switches do. See section 5.1 Axe-Fx IA Switches in the MFC-101 manual for to change the function of the IA switches.

My MFC is set up so that I have to hit REVEAL and then I have access to scenes 1-5 on the bottom row of the MFC. Since I never use the indiv effect switches I'd like to have buttons 6-8 go to the corresponding scene. Possible?

On the MFC press EDIT --> MIDI --> Page right 7x and assign the scene 6-8 to the switches

Totally.

It's pretty easy to change what the switches do. See section 5.1 Axe-Fx IA Switches in the MFC-101 manual for to change the function of the IA switches.
Thanks a ton guys, Playing tonight and programming the MFC always gives me anxiety I'm going to f*ck everything all up and not be able to get back LOL

Thanks a ton guys, Playing tonight and programming the MFC always gives me anxiety I'm going to f*ck everything all up and not be able to get back LOL
Check out the MFC-Edit tool...for $25 you get easy backup and easy setup capabilities so you don't have to worry. Just remember to an initial back *before* you start messing with things!

Since you don't use the IA switches for individual effects, you could set Bank Size to 10 instead of the default 5. That would give you two rows of preset switches. When you hit reveal then, IA's 6, 7, and 8 would call up those scenes. You could also configure 8 of the IA switches to be scene switches full time and not have to hit reveal at all.

is there a way to leave 6-7-8 as individual effects, until you hit the REVEAL switch?

So when when you hit REVEAL you have access to all the SCENES in a Patch (1-8)

REVEAL Switch off 1-5 - CHANGE PATCHES - and switches from 6 + continue handling effects etc.

Nope. Reveal only affects preset switches (those defined by bank size). All other IA assignments are global.

I wish "reveal" revealed a whole second "page" of switch options. Then a user could program all 15 switches for 8 scenes and lesser used effects on/off states or whatever else made sense to them...

Back
Top Bottom