Can I use a pair of Friedman ASC-12's for a 4string bass?

bxlgotham

Inspired
Whether through the AxeFX3 or just any bass head (attenuated > line out) can these speakers handle that given they are supposedly FRFR?

Why not?
Without the advantage of using them myself, I’d suggest that any competent active speaker will be fina as long as it’s not pushed beyond its inherent limitations. In other words, a small jazz trio - sure! An arena with a heavy metal band, doubt it!
I’d adjust the number of speakers to the situation,
Thanks
Pauly

Whether through the AxeFX3 or just any bass head (attenuated > line out) can these speakers handle that given they are supposedly FRFR?

Right, I mean can it be used in a recording environment, without some inherent problem in sending a bass guitar (processed or otherwise) into it to hear. Not so much can it be maxed out. For instance I know a guitar cabinet/speaker is not designed for a bass typically.

Should be fine. Bass guitars come out of the PA, same difference. Fun fact about those speakers they use the same power amp as the B-52 ACT-PRO 12 Powered DJ Speakers. May even use the same speaker and horn driver I know they are both Celestion brand in the Friedman's. Ive tried most of the popular FRFR speakers with the AFX and in my opinion the ASM-12's are the bass heaviest of them all. I don't play bass just saying in general. Accugroove comes to mind when talking about FRFR for bass

Ah I see,
In that case it should be fine, however (depending on the volume & low end of the bass) if it farts while monitoring (IE, the little Celestion's 2.5 inch voice coil hits the magnet due to excessive travel), seek a plan B. Lots of variables but IMHO it comes down to the volume and low frequency extension required.

Thanks
Pauly
Right, I mean can it be used in a recording environment, without some inherent problem in sending a bass guitar (processed or otherwise) into it to hear. Not so much can it be maxed out. For instance I know a guitar cabinet/speaker is not designed for a bass typically.

Back
Top Bottom