can i run a harp through an axe

ant5150

just curious, my sister is playing harp for my brother in laws outdoor wedding this weekend. in a buzzed state of mind I recommended she use my axe mainly for the effects. from what im gathering, her harp has an onboard mic or pickup, she runs in into a fishman G II preamp, then into a acoustic amp (I believe). im also assuming the harp hardware is a peizzo type system as from what I read it looks like this gii preamp she uses is for that style.
I plan on running her from her harp directly into the axe, then to qsc k12 or 2.
or should I run the harp into her preamp and then into axe?

most importantly, is any of this even doable?

thanks in advance

I just looked at the Fishman GII preamp on Google. It has a 1/4" Output jack so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Try it both ways. With and without the Fishman.

I personally don't think you need the preamp...you have the 'tube-pre' in the Axe.

Be a cool, interesting experiment. Take some video!

I thought the same thing. We hooked it up without the fishman, sounded ok but fedback a lot a med volume levels. Put the fishman in and it needed an eq block up front to cut the lows and increase highs. I still think thats really all it needed without fishman. Then fed it into a ml class a 2x12. Sounds amazing. Gave her 3 different presets, first one just has quad chorus and reverb, then another with some detune, and another with multi delay. Ill try to get some videos of event. Cliff, you may want to expand your marketing. My sister is in love with axe fx.

I thought the same thing. We hooked it up without the fishman, sounded ok but fedback a lot a med volume levels. Put the fishman in and it needed an eq block up front to cut the lows and increase highs. I still think thats really all it needed without fishman. Then fed it into a ml class a 2x12. Sounds amazing. Gave her 3 different presets, first one just has quad chorus and reverb, then another with some detune, and another with multi delay. Ill try to get some videos of event. Cliff, you may want to expand your marketing. My sister is in love with axe fx.

Probably just had to reduce input volume. Sounds like the fishman did that for you.

Probably just had to reduce input volume. Sounds like the fishman did that for you.
never really gave it a chance without the fishman. but once connected it sounded a little better, but I still had to add a 10 band eq block. I pretty much made a diagonal line on the eq going low to high. the lows of the harp were just too much and it was feeding back pretty bad. will try removing the fishman after the wedding as I have her presets all set up now using it. I highly doubt its needed and seems like it would be counter productive.

i posted some videos on "fractal audio user group's" facebook page. not the best quality as she was not playing that loud, it was outside, and I did them on my phone.

Back
Top Bottom