can i hook up axe edit and midi controller at the same time?

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
i am a proud owner of my new gordius little giant 2 which i am fantom powering via the midi in of my axe fx. i would ideally be able to run axe edit (requiring both midi in and out on axe fx) and my midi controller at the same time. is this possible?

Re: can i hook up axe edit and midi controller at the same t

Yes, with a MOTU Micro Express... search my posts, I've commented on it a few times.

The MIDI merger won't work if you have a controller that reads from the Axe, such as the MFC101, Liquid Foot, or Gordius.

I mean it'll work, but not the tuner or aautoload.

geamala said:
i am a proud owner of my new gordius little giant 2 which i am fantom powering via the midi in of my axe fx. i would ideally be able to run axe edit (requiring both midi in and out on axe fx) and my midi controller at the same time. is this possible?

Yes you can and you don't need to buy any additional hardware to do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNINfuyoGr0

The LG rocks!

thanks dude you rule. much appreciated. i reeeallly don't wanna go buying anymore hardware... geat to know this.

I do with a midisport 1x1 and a fcb1010.

Just connect the output of the midisport to the input of the fcb1010. Make sure you have the FCB (or any midicontroller for that matter) set to pass through midi messages.

The output of the footcontoller goes to the Axe fx midi in.

then simply connect the midi out on the axe fx directly to the midi in on the midisport 1x1

Back
Top Bottom