Can I hook this drum machine up to the Axe-Fx III?

J-C

Inspired
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BeatBuddy--singular-sound-beatbuddy-drum-machine-pedal

I would probably just want to hear the drum machine through the same monitors that are connected to the Axe FX while they are connected to the Axe. It will make practice more fun I think. A change of pace from a metronome.

How would this be connected? Midi in?

I have a working Adam A7x monitor that I could put under my desk and just connect the beat buddy to that. Just wondering if I can connect it to the Axe instead.

Looks like you can easily use that with the Axe Fx. For example, you could simply run an instrument cable from the drum machine to input 3 on the Axe, then place the input 3 block in the grid on it’s own row towards the end, then run it into your output block.

Reactions: J-C
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BeatBuddy--singular-sound-beatbuddy-drum-machine-pedal

I would probably just want to hear the drum machine through the same monitors that are connected to the Axe FX while they are connected to the Axe. It will make practice more fun I think. A change of pace from a metronome.

How would this be connected? Midi in?

I have a working Adam A7x monitor that I could put under my desk and just connect the beat buddy to that. Just wondering if I can connect it to the Axe instead.
midi isn't audio. so that won't work.

use an instrument cable from the pedal to another axe input, then put that Input on the grid and connect it to the Output block.

^ Sounds like it will work great, thanks to you both!

The effects loop of my amp is using the input 4L(4CM) so I'll connect the beat buddy to input 3L.

One more question if I may...

The beat buddy has a left(mono) and a right output - for a stereo connection. So can I connect it to the Axe's 3L and 3R inputs and use like that by inserting a couple blocks and running them to the output block?

One more question if I may...

The beat buddy has a left(mono) and a right output - for a stereo connection. So can I connect it to the Axe's 3L and 3R inputs and use like that by inserting a couple blocks and running them to the output block?
Input and Output blocks are already stereo. Just add In 3 and connect it to your Output. you can put In 3 right next to the Output, no need to start all the way left and add Shunts or anything.

Is there a way to make the input 3 global so I won't have to add an input block on each preset I switch to?

Input and Output blocks are already stereo. Just add In 3 and connect it to your Output. you can put In 3 right next to the Output, no need to start all the way left and add Shunts or anything.
That‘s what I do with my f***ing old Boss DR-880. And I love placing a reverb block which is better than the Boss reverb.
Be aware that the total output signal of the Axe will increase.

I know this is an old thread, but I am trying to do this and I don't get a stereo signal thru the Axe Fx III, even though I have left and right out of my SPD-SX to left and right channel 3 inputs on the Axe FX?

Hmmm, I hadn’t considered anything but guitars. Now that I read this thread maybe I’ll look into connecting a Maschine or some iPhone apps etc. interesting twist for me.

I solved my problem. I had a faulty cable. Works great with a different cable.

I do some looping. I have guitar, bass, and drum pad going into the Axe Fx III and out through a Volt 2 audio interface that is connected to an iPad running Loopy Pro. If you loop, or are interested in looping, I highly recommend Loopy Pro. I set up sequenced loops where I press once on the ipad screen to start, and the various parts automatically record at the right time for each instrument.

I solved my problem. I had a faulty cable. Works great with a different cable.

I do some looping. I have guitar, bass, and drum pad going into the Axe Fx III and out through a Volt 2 audio interface that is connected to an iPad running Loopy Pro. If you loop, or are interested in looping, I highly recommend Loopy Pro. I set up sequenced loops where I press once on the ipad screen to start, and the various parts automatically record at the right time for each instrument.
Because I loop, I can't use a real guitar amp for guitar tone, hence the Axe FX, where I use amp models and effects to get my guitar tone. Everything goes out to a pair of powered studio monitors. I am not a performer. I just play for my own enjoyment at home.

Back
Top Bottom