Can I edit a setlist via midi (preferably USB)

SimonDreyer

Inspired
Hi Folks, I currently use a custom built pedal with my FxII to step through a setlist with a single button push. My setlist application is built into the footswitch and I can download the setlist from Bandhelper on my phone via Bluetooth. I am about to take delivery of my FxIII and would like to know if the setlist structure can be edited via midi? Also can someone please confirm that it is or isn't possible to select patches via USB midi on the FxIII as I do now with the FxII?

You can use MIDI-over-USB to select presets on the III.

You cannot use MIDI-over-USB to select songs and setlists.

You can use BandHelper wired or wireless, and have it operate as a master (choose presets) or slave (only receiving preset changes). More info in the wiki

You can use MIDI-over-USB to select presets on the III.

You cannot use MIDI-over-USB to select songs and setlists.

You can use BandHelper wired or wireless, and have it operate as a master (choose presets) or slave (only receiving preset changes). More info in the wiki
Thanks Yek, that means that my pedal will still work with the FxIII. With regards Bandhelper, I know you can use it's midi functionality to select presets, but I use it to export the setlist as a '.txt' file, then I transfer the text file from my phone to my controller pedal, via Bluetooth, when I get to the gig. The controller then sends the preset change messages from the list when I press the 'Next Song', or 'Previous Song' buttons on the controller. After MANY years of experience, nothing on earth would convince me to put a Windows PC in charge of my setlist! :). Once I get my pedal running with the FxIII, I'll release all the code, schematics and PCB files etc.

Back
Top Bottom