Can I change parameters of a block for another scene?

maddnotez

Another noob post for you all. Sorry and thank you :p

I have been navigating the AX8 fairly well as a first timer, just having some issues.

So I have a Preset loaded up and ready to go, I am using scene one.

For scene two I wanted to just make a small tweak, more amp level for example. But when I make my changes and then save, it saves that for Scene 1 as well.

So is there I way I can change parameters to make another scene with? OR do I have to create an entirely new amp block for scene 2?

you will have to attach a scene controller to what you want to tweak for the other scene and set that modifier for each scene

If you are just changing the level, add a filter block after the cab set to 'null', set the 'level' parameter to 2.0 dB or so (ymmv), bypass state to 'thru'. Then bypass or un-bypass that block is whatever scenes necessary.

you can change the output mixer level per scene, I do this some but if you use the looper this can back fire on you.

I was just using level as an example to keep it simple.

Where this came from: I downloaded Nolly 5150 Rythym. That is on Bank 18 Scene 1.

Then I tweaked the crap out of it. Literally almost every single parameter in the Drive Block and the Amp Block. Got it sounding VERY nice to suit my guitar/playing/etc.

Went to save it and just couldn't get the two to save. I wanted Nolly Rythym on scene one and my edited version on scene 2.

I was just using level as an example to keep it simple.

Where this came from: I downloaded Nolly 5150 Rythym. That is on Bank 18 Scene 1.

Then I tweaked the crap out of it. Literally almost every single parameter in the Drive Block and the Amp Block. Got it sounding VERY nice to suit my guitar/playing/etc.

Went to save it and just couldn't get the two to save. I wanted Nolly Rythym on scene one and my edited version on scene 2.

You can make the original version X and your edited version Y. Then Make X active in scene 1 and Y active in scene 2.

that you can not do with out a preset change.

Is it possible to import a preset, make my tweaks and then overwrite the preset? Where my edited version is now the preset?

I only tried this once and it didn't save at all. I wouldn't necessarily need the "scene 1/scene 2" thing but it would be nice to tweak a preset and save it vs starting from scratch.

Not sure if it's possible and was just user error or not.

If saving on the front panel you have to press save, enter, enter. from axe edit just clicking on the red enter button before leaving that preset should save it.

Yep, as already mentioned you will need to use X/Y states in the amp block to achieve that.
Note that there is a slight audio drop when changing X/Y states - some people are bothered by it, others are not.

Thanks for all the info and replies.

I'll admit as awesome, complex and in depth the AX8 is you should be able to edit an imported preset and overwrite it.

Might add this to the wish list.

Thanks for all the info and replies.

I'll admit as awesome, complex and in depth the AX8 is you should be able to edit an imported preset and overwrite it.

Might add this to the wish list.

You can overwrite an imported preset. Just save it after making your edits.I thought you wanted the original and edited amp in the same preset, for that you need to x/y.

You can use the Y part of the block. Copy X to Y and make the adjustment. Scene controllers are another if the parameters you want can be controlled.

Back
Top Bottom