Can I carry AXE 2 in cabin bag in Airline ??

Admittedly, I've never flown internationally with the Axe-Fx, but flying Delta, I've carried a 60lb+ carry on countless times without any problem both with and without the Axe-Fx. I don't even know where they would weigh your carry on luggage, or at least, I've literally never seen it happen.

I can't stand airlines. Especially United.

They kinda know they've got you by the short and curlies when you show up to their desk, limited time to catch your flight, and suddenly, the "new policy surcharges" start being discussed.

For a guy who travels to surf, these "new policy surcharges" become very, very costly. I can't imagine what traveling with my Axe, 1 guitar, and 1 CLR will cost me to central america in the autumn. May have to go acoustic - risk may not be worth it.

United is the absolute worst airline I've ever flown with, did it once - never again.
However, I've flown internationally with my Axe 2 many times (Delta, Emirates, BA, SAS) never a problem getting the Axe on board in a cabine approved sized roller (I take off the rack ears).
Also never had a problem getting a guitar on board either (often a Mono 2 electric guitar gigbag) - find a staff member that is not stressed or doing anything else when you approach him/her, be polite and friendly and explain that it's a valuable instrument and ask if they'll put it in the cabin closet for you.

I am traveling international and don't want to put my AXE 2 in checkin bag.
Want to know if AXE 2 will be allowed to carry in cabin bag in the flight just to keep safe.

Anybody travelled like this ? How r u guys traveling with AXE 2?

I traveled internationally last August with a Gator GRB-3U rack bag (Gator GRB-3U (3 Rack Spaces) | Sweetwater.com) as carry-on that had my AxeFx II + Line6 G90 Wireless. That bag had the maximum dimensions allowed for carry-on wih Delta.

I stored it under the seat in the smaller plane (to Atlanta) and then in the overhead compartment on the international flight.

Last edited:
I had to fly several places for recording and tour. the first time I used a carry on bag and just pulled it out during security check and all was fine. The second time I purchased a two space rack bag and the problem is you can not remove the axe from the rack bag if its screwed down and they will then want to bomb check it takes extra 25 minutes maybe shorter. Just give yourself ampl time to get through security and go early so you can have space to put your stuff. Try to get a more forwardly seat due to the fact the last 5 times I have been on a plane about the time the middle passangers were loaded they ran out of upper compartment room.

I've flown internationally with my Axe II many times. When I'm concerned about carry-on restrictions, I take my Axe out of my 2-space rack and simply place the Axe inside a roll-aboard (I place the empty rack, filled with clothes, in my checked luggage. Make sure to get a roll-aboard that fits the Axe II, AND is airline regulation size. The one I use is a Briggs and Riley, cuz it's slightly wider yet still regulation; the Axe II fits perfectly. Before I had the Briggs, I had to remove the Axe's two front handles in order to fit into my carry-on. Wasn't such a big deal, but I prefer simple, so opted for the Briggs.

Hi, I want to do the same. Question: did you have to open the unit in order to remove the front handles? From the pictures, I couldn't see any screws outside. Just want to make sure that it fits in my roll-aboard.

Back
Top Bottom