Can AxeFX do polyphonic pitch-shift like Morpheus DropTune?

G.9

I was going to submit a wishlist request for the Axe, but wasn't sure... I don't own the Axe (waiting for AxePC) and I wasn't sure if the unit was capable of polyphonic pitch-shifting.

Basically, the Morpheus DropTune can shift all strings down in half step increments with minimal tracking issues. Wondering if the Axe is already capable of this, and if not, whether I should submit a request in the wishlist section.

G.9 said:
I was going to submit a wishlist request for the Axe, but wasn't sure... I don't own the Axe (waiting for AxePC) and I wasn't sure if the unit was capable of polyphonic pitch-shifting.

Basically, the Morpheus DropTune can shift all strings down in half step increments with minimal tracking issues. Wondering if the Axe is already capable of this, and if not, whether I should submit a request in the wishlist section.
Yes, the AFX can do this. Check out Dweezil's Van Halen patches for reference.

Porkchop Xpress said:
[quote="G.9":xjqfwrtc]I was going to submit a wishlist request for the Axe, but wasn't sure... I don't own the Axe (waiting for AxePC) and I wasn't sure if the unit was capable of polyphonic pitch-shifting.

Yes, the AFX can do this. Check out Dweezil's Van Halen patches for reference.[/quote:xjqfwrtc]
Alright, thank you.

Just wondering if anyone has compared the Morpheus alongside the AXE? the clips i have heard of the Morpheus sound really accurate to the original tone before the effect is applied and i was thinking about getting one, but if the axe can do it just as good without warbly weird artifacts and latency issues then it would be silly to waste my money.

I should have one in the next couple of days. I know the Axe does polyphonic shifting very well but it does change the tone/feel. I play in a coverband that does all kinds of music and with all of these new bands tuning to drop C or Bb I can't justify having more than two guitars at a gig for one or two songs. I also have mixed feelings about my 7 string so the droptune might do well enough for me to forget about needing the 7.

My backup rig/midi controller (line 6 xtlive) doesn't have a usable polyphonic pitch shifter so I think I am going to have to keep the droptune regardless just to have 2 complete rigs.

Either way I will let you guys know if I think it's worth the $200 bones.

Greg

Back
Top Bottom