Can AXE be changed to respond to different MIDI codes? TCH Voiceworks is controller

I use the TC Helicon Voiceworks to control my AXE-FX . I would like to synchronize the presets, but AXE begins with preset ZERO (so when Helicon is on PRESET-1 then AXE is on Preset-ZERO …when HELICON is on 8 – AXE is on 7 etc….) is it a trivial thing to bump it up by one? Or am I looking at rewriting an entire table within the unit somehow?

My dream is to have a single point on stomping while playing. Example:

SweetHomeAlabama Verse Helicon- PRESET-1 AXE-PRESET-1
SweetHomeAlabama Chorus Helicon- PRESET-2 AXE-PRESET-2
SweetHomeAlabama Solo Helicon- PRESET-3 AXE-PRESET-3
** on the solo the vocal patch is really irrelevant

For this to work I would need to create mirror copies of many presets on both AXE and HELICON and make slight tweaks (in many cases, just the relative volume)

Advantages: I will press one controller for vocals and guitar, no volume pedal, no extra purchase of AXE controller

Disadvantages: I will burn up a lot of presets with just a few songs, and I lose the stomp-box functionality for effects.

I see that many people do not use presets this way. Seems like many AXE users use the MIDI controller to add in their favorite effects to a given sound, by assigning an effect to a button on the controller.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the pros and cons of both methods?

Also: Is there any reason I can’t copy/move some of the sweeter sounding presets to some of the higher numbers (like the 300’s) thereby leaving me the lower end to move my song patches into? I know it will al still work if Helicon patch123 goes with AXE patch217…but I will get less confused if they all match.

Also: Phase2 of my idea is to abandon the Foot controller altogether and somehow embed MIDI data into backing tracks, to control AXE and TC Helicon (as well as lights). That is down the road though, for when I get more advanced at all this. Anyone ever hear of something like this?

Thanks in advance.

In the I/O menu there is an axe display offset to change the first preset from 0 to 1.

Back
Top Bottom