Can anyone post a video of Axe 2 Vs. YJM100?

I am thinking about buying a new Axe 2, I used to have the standard a few years ago and sold it.
I am in love with the tones of the Marshall YJM100 Yngwie Malmsteen head and I want to know how close can the Axe 2's tone matching & mimic etc come to the YJM100 at this point?

I would love to listen to any clips you can post that can pull that tone off.

Thanks,
RR

I was messing around with the, "50 watt plexi high" with my Strats and accomplishing the tone of the YJM100 was relatively easy to remotely dial in. When I get some time I'll frig with it some more and post it here.

Anybody have one of those DOD overdrive pedals that Yngwie uses? Wondering which drive in the Axe sounds closest to it.

Anybody have one of those DOD overdrive pedals that Yngwie uses? Wondering which drive in the Axe sounds closest to it.

I do not own the DOD pedal but I find the shred distortion (based on a Marshall Shredmaster) gets me reasonable close to YJM's early tome... close enough for a first approximation.

The DOD Yngwie uses is insanely bright OD pedal and will sound awful unless you've got a suitable amp for it. (=A Marshall on 11)

Many have stated Marshall does not pay endorsers. They give away free gear, but no payments. For Yngwie it was probably a ego trip people still care 25 years later.

Endorsing and having a signature piece of gear are not the same thing. If Marshall really does put names like Slash and Yngvie Malmenburger on amps without any money going into the artist's pockets then those are some seriously brilliant marketing people taking advantage of some seriously stupid musicians. I seriously doubt that's the case, and I doubt these big-name players' management would allow that to happen.

^^^ The MXR Distortion Plus is basically the same circuit.

The DOD Yngwie uses is insanely bright OD pedal and will sound awful unless you've got a suitable amp for it. (=A Marshall on 11)

The original DOD 250 are not bright. I have a grey and a couple the early yellows (w/same op-amp LM741CN) as the greys. Not bright at all. However the DOD 308's are pretty shrill in comparison.

You can always find an objector, to any subject. Having owned, played and scalloped guitars, there is no difference in tone.

I've listened to Clips where people have swapped a Strat Neck - Rosewood for Maple, and the difference is very light.
If you made a recording with common settings. 1 Before and 1 After the Scalloped Neck, the Difference would most likely be very small.

A lot of Tone comes from the Player, my Singer/Rhythm Guitarist and I swapped rigs in a practice cause he thought it was my setup that made me sound better.
The other Band mates got a laugh out of that one.

I have the YJM Fury Seymour Duncan pickups in my strat, these are Killer pickups
So just the DoD pedal and we'll have YNGWIE sound I'll never get the speed or his playing style down

I have the YJM Fury Seymour Duncan pickups in my strat, these are Killer pickups
So just the DoD pedal and we'll have YNGWIE sound I'll never get the speed or his playing style down

Agreed. Stellar sounding pickups but have different EQ and output characteristics from the HS-3's

I'm only talking about direct. I believe it can be done. But I just haven't heard anyone prove it yet, and would like to hear it before I buy.

The good news is you picked the easier of the two to achieve. The "in the room" tone of the YJM100 is a real challenge.

I am thinking about buying a new Axe 2, I used to have the standard a few years ago and sold it.
I am in love with the tones of the Marshall YJM100 Yngwie Malmsteen head and I want to know how close can the Axe 2's tone matching & mimic etc come to the YJM100 at this point?

I would love to listen to any clips you can post that can pull that tone off.

Thanks,
RR

I'm surprised no one has said it yet. FW 10 is a plexi lovers dream. Since FW10 I haven't stopped playing the plexi models long enough to appreciate anything else. And if all you want is the tone from that vid, belly up to the bar. \m/

*Confused*
I was being sarcastic.

This guy sold his AxeFx dirt cheap to several different members in the classifieds here, allegedly, to fund making a music video. Collected the money and never shipped. It was big huge thread several years ago.
Some one added a youtube clip of him on Judge Judy.

I'm surprised no one remembers... as well as kinda surprised he came back

But it does affect playing in tune :)

Only if the player is heavy handed and can't play on a scalloped board properly. Folks who rest their palm heavily on a Floyd Rose also go out of tune.

Also an earlier quote that said a scalloped board gives more room for the string to vibrate is nonsense. Why because the frets on a scalloped board are level and higher than the board itself the same as non scalloped.

The main advantage I find with scalloped boards and I have two of them is the feel of bends and vibrato, as the fingers don't catch on the wood underneath.

Back
Top Bottom