Can anyone help me with setting up Reaper and Kontakt 5?

boltrecords

Fractal Fanatic
I'm having trouble setting each midi channel to output to a separate channel in reaper. Can anyone offer some help with the routing and settings?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

What I do is create a master track for the MIDI plugin (Kontakt, in your case). Then create separate tracks as required to record the MIDI instrument data for whichever sounds I want to use. In each instrument track you want to click the I/O button and add a send to the master track. In the "send" panel that then appears you want to set Audio to None and MIDI: to All => (whatever MIDI channel # you want to use for this instrument). Don't forget to set the MIDI channels inside Kontakt for each instrument you're using.

Arm the track, and you're good to start recording. If you want to create separate tracks for receiving the MIDI as audio, you can do that too.

Last edited:
Thanks
So am I using kontakt as a vst on the master track? Or should I use kontakt as a standalone and then route it in? That's another part I'm confused about. What is the most efficient way to use a program like kontakt where I will be using many different instruments? If I keep adding a new vst for each instrument the CPU power get used up pretty quick.

Thanks
So am I using kontakt as a vst on the master track? Or should I use kontakt as a standalone and then route it in? That's another part I'm confused about. What is the most efficient way to use a program like kontakt where I will be using many different instruments? If I keep adding a new vst for each instrument the CPU power get used up pretty quick.
Just for organisational reasons, I prefer to run one instance of my VST and set up the instruments I will be using within it. I have tried it with projects running large numbers (20+) of instruments, both using one instance on a master track and separate instance for each instrument. There was little difference in CPU usage ... I saved about 2% CPU usage by running instruments from just one instance of the VST.

Just for organisational reasons, I prefer to run one instance of my VST and set up the instruments I will be using within it. I have tried it with projects running large numbers (20+) of instruments, both using one instance on a master track and separate instance for each instrument. There was little difference in CPU usage ... I saved about 2% CPU usage by running instruments from just one instance of the VST.

Wow. I thought there would have been a bigger difference In CPU usage.

Thanks for the tips. I got that portion of the routing working great. Im just not sure how to Change the output routing in kontakt. Are you familiar with kontakt enough to walk me through that part?

Back
Top Bottom