Can any DGT owners help? New DGT, pickups sound anemic

I'm very biased, but it doesn't get much better than the PTC @ PRS when it comes to knowing the tech work will be done to the highest standard with attention paid to even the most mundane of details. The extra cost is worth it for the peace-of-mind alone in my opinion. If you do end up having to send it, at least take some solace in that.
Thanks man. Even if it's $600 to fix, it's better than having a $4500 guitar that never gets played.

PTC is very pricey but you know that it will be well cared for.

Re-flowing solder is really easy and a soldering iron is something that would be useful if you ever want to try other pickups, experiment with tone cap values, swap out a bad potentiometer, repair or build your own cables, or many other tasks. Even if you don’t have a go at this particular guitar you should consider getting a soldering iron.

That made me think, and check my tool area. I found a soldering iron (from Radio Shack haha). Since PTC will likely be fixing things anyway, I guess there is no harm in me trying to reflow all the joints. I'm going to look up some YouTube videos tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom