Can a Fractal expert resolve this conundrum?

I'm sure that one of you experts will be able to solve this in a nanosecond, and if you can then I'd be obliged if you would be kind enough to show me where I've gone wrong.

With the wonderful GOT series (Thanks Fractal and ALL contributors), I like to put my own spin on things, whilst hopefully learning a few new things in the bargain.

This one is an amended John Petrucci preset. Most of you will probably think that I've butchered it, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say.

The issue that I find is that in scene 8 there's a channel imbalance to the right speaker by about 4-5db. I can't see where that is coming from and the CPU is about 25%-30% higher compared to the other scenes, even though there's no difference in the number of blocks that are used.

Another curious thing is that in scene 8, if you kick in the Chorus block, the channel balance seems to be corrected.

Eastman SB59V playing into Axe FX 3 II playing into Adam 12" subwoofer and then 2 X Adam S2A monitors.

Attachments

• JP Reimagined.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
@stevejon38 Check your Cab settings for channel B, that is where you will find an unbalance.
It occurs due to Cab 1:L being panned at 0.
If you pan it -100 then it is perfectly balanced.

Last edited:
Scene 8 changes the Cab block channel to B. IR 1 is Centered, IR 2 is panned R, both levels at 0.00. IRs 3 and 4 are hard panned L/R but Level is -15 on both.

EDIT: The Dimension chorus type seems to collapse everything to mono which is why it changes the stereo image.

Thank you.

I haven't changed these cabs settings at all on this page, so I'm guessing that there's a possibility that it was posted like this.

Anybody got any ideas why the CPU is almost maxed out compared to the other scenes?

Back
Top Bottom