Can’t stop CPU usage from disabling my Reverb

Hey guys - I've moved from the Axe-II to the AX8 and I've been a proud owner for about a month. I'm not the savviest person around, but I've put many hours of researching youtube and the forums and I can't seem to fix this issue I have. This is a preset that I've converted from my Axe-II using Fractal Bot and all of my settings are screenshot in the imgur link.

I originally had it with high resolution reverb and 8 echo density. It has since been reduced to normal quality and an echo density of 2. I lower my CPU usage enough to be able to play a few notes, but a few moments later it disables my reverb due to CPU usage. I don't run a cab in this preset so I can't reduce my CPU as I normally would by reducing the Cab block resolution to normal; and all of my scenes are all X and no Y. This is a high gain preset that I'd be using for metal and some cleans.

If anyone has any input please advise. Thanks in advance and l hope to hear from you all!!!

Attachments

• BronzeV(AX8).syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 5
Use Spring Reverb if you are maxing out cpu.

....get rid of 1 Delay block

Use a drive block that utilizes less cpu or try to do without it.

Check wiki on the various blocks cpu usage

Last edited:
Is the 'Output Comp' necessary in the Amp block 'X' (and 'Y', if used?). This adds to the CPU% load.

Also, Delay 2 Feedback values are way to high causing a runaway.

I always try to stay below 80% as it does tend to jump every now and then. I know one guy uses the FX send and return and plugs an Eventide H9 to give him the giant reverb blocks he was maxing out on. When I had the AxeFX2 I tried to have one main patch that could do everything. With the AX8 I just use what I need for a certain group of songs and then another patch for a different group.

Also try using the drive block with the XY setting instead of 2 drive blocks. I am sure you already know you can hold down the footswitch the drive block is assigned to and toggle between X and Y

I use the reverb built into my Behringer Xair 12 mixer. Obviously not the same level of quality but I never get comments or complaints about my reverb. Never have CPU issues now.

Back
Top Bottom